Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Damn am I glad that I didn't buy a lifetime subscription. I would really feel ****ed to have paid over 200 bucks for a game that couldn't run at least 24 hours.

The Server problems always occure at the same daytimes. Always when USA and Europe reach a time where both continents can and do play together.

Give us more Servers, Cryptic! I can't remember a day where I didn't see that red light in the upper right corner of the launcher! Wasn't there a thread in which you stated you ordered equipment to upgrade server capacity? That was almost two weeks ago. I guess it didn't work like you expected.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=69603
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-30-2010, 12:31 PM
give me some money and HW and i can host a server
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-30-2010, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froz3nT1ger View Post
The Server problems always occure at the same daytimes. Always when USA and Europe reach a time where both continents can and do play together.
Thats the same with every mmorpg... they will just slowly increase server capacity.... Even Blizzard with WoW who makes insane profit is greedy with server capacity.

Seems they all are rather risking to lose customers before they are risking having too much unsused hardware standing around.

What I dont understand here is that they should have enough experience from the beta how much hardware they would need per user and they also got preorders to check with. Maybe they just dont expect that some are even playing 12 hours at once (or do you say "at a stretch"?). :p

I dont mind the brakes though, they are healthy lol.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-30-2010, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froz3nT1ger View Post
Damn am I glad that I didn't buy a lifetime subscription. I would really feel ****ed to have paid over 200 bucks for a game that couldn't run at least 24 hours.

The Server problems always occure at the same daytimes. Always when USA and Europe reach a time where both continents can and do play together.

Give us more Servers, Cryptic! I can't remember a day where I didn't see that red light in the upper right corner of the launcher! Wasn't there a thread in which you stated you ordered equipment to upgrade server capacity? That was almost two weeks ago. I guess it didn't work like you expected.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=69603
I'll sort this out for you friend.

It is BETA
It is HEADSTART for an MMO so its not released yet. You accepted this fact when you decided to log in to play in the head start.

What have you never been around for an MMO launch? come from overpolished over easy 'WoW' and expect everything to be peachy?

MMOs are infamous for rocky, troubled or generally screwed up launches, no matter how polished the game is. It is not even officially released and you are complaining about you want localisation and/or more servers for the game so -you-. Ever thought its a pro to have non-localised MMORPGs? Because it is.. it very much is a pro to have a non-localised game.
It means i can log in no matter what time of day and play with someone from anywhere between the pacific islands to some small village in the mountains around europe! your friends from other continents don't have to make a 'new' account just to come play with or the other way around.
What I'm trying to explain in rambling is this:
You bought a Lifetime subscription and have started to cry because 'bobo COLD!' not realizing Cryptic is working their ass off to make this MMO launch as smoothe as possible. The best thing you could do is tell them of any bugs you come across in the "Bug report" forum. Localized servers will only ruin this game, not make it better. Wait.. you didn't buy a-.. just.. oh god.. where is my stupid filter.. i can't find my stupid filter D:
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-30-2010, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froz3nT1ger View Post
Damn am I glad that I didn't buy a lifetime subscription. I would really feel ****ed to have paid over 200 bucks for a game that couldn't run at least 24 hours.

The Server problems always occure at the same daytimes. Always when USA and Europe reach a time where both continents can and do play together.

Give us more Servers, Cryptic! I can't remember a day where I didn't see that red light in the upper right corner of the launcher! Wasn't there a thread in which you stated you ordered equipment to upgrade server capacity? That was almost two weeks ago. I guess it didn't work like you expected.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=69603
Thats ok, Im sure it wont be too long before someone figures out how to run a private server for this game like every other Online game that is popular, UO, WoW, ****, etc.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-30-2010, 12:59 PM
It is NOT beta.


Beta is OVER. Headstart is a reward incentive for people who purchased preorders. BETA IS OVER.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-30-2010, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrion View Post
It is NOT beta.


Beta is OVER. Headstart is a reward incentive for people who purchased preorders. BETA IS OVER.
Official release of the game is the 2nd of Feb. Your playing a game that hasn't been released yet! Not only do you get the head start, you will get a free item and the game is cheaper with pre-order.

If you're not prepared to accept additional downtime, you should have paid more money for the standard release and not gotten the bonus item.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
01-30-2010, 01:12 PM
i agree this is not beta at all, as the message in the news box on the launcher said on tuesday, this is the end of beta and the game will launch with the headstart on thursday, granted there are allways problem with the launch of any highly anticipated mmo and granted even in well established mmos un forseen problems occur.


i think the major issue that get on peoples nerves is that there just does not seem to have been enough planning gone into the capacity aspect of this game, all the way through the betas closed an open the load has been an issue but no real resolution has come about.

I do agree though that localised servers will indeed kill this game the more reasonable option would possible be a server structure built similar to eve where each individual secor has its own server or group of servers running in unison, i know it means more hardware for cryptic but with the ammount of lifetime subscribers that have just paid Ģ150 im sure there is enough funding to get some more kit in.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
01-30-2010, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrion View Post
It is NOT beta.
Beta is OVER. Headstart is a reward incentive for people who purchased preorders. BETA IS OVER.
Considering all the still existing, well known, problems it IS still a beta version

Or you just say it like all other devīs do.... itīs develloping :p

We can just hope that they dont want charge us for developing bugfixes, because imho Iīm paying them with the monthly fee.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
01-30-2010, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyxium
I'll sort this out for you friend.

It is BETA
It is HEADSTART for an MMO so its not released yet. You accepted this fact when you decided to log in to play in the head start.

What have you never been around for an MMO launch? come from overpolished over easy 'WoW' and expect everything to be peachy?

MMOs are infamous for rocky, troubled or generally screwed up launches, no matter how polished the game is. It is not even officially released and you are complaining about you want localisation and/or more servers for the game so -you-. Ever thought its a pro to have non-localised MMORPGs? Because it is.. it very much is a pro to have a non-localised game.
It means i can log in no matter what time of day and play with someone from anywhere between the pacific islands to some small village in the mountains around europe! your friends from other continents don't have to make a 'new' account just to come play with or the other way around.
What I'm trying to explain in rambling is this:
You bought a Lifetime subscription and have started to cry because 'bobo COLD!' not realizing Cryptic is working their ass off to make this MMO launch as smoothe as possible. The best thing you could do is tell them of any bugs you come across in the "Bug report" forum. Localized servers will only ruin this game, not make it better. Wait.. you didn't buy a-.. just.. oh god.. where is my stupid filter.. i can't find my stupid filter D:
Ooooh, how I like those Developer defenders. Didn't notice that you can stick your Beta argument up your... now? I don't care if any other MMO had these problems. That makes it even worse because you should learn from the mistakes of others.
Don't come up with "it is not officially released yet" What are you, a lawyer or a gamer? OK, let's wait the three days they have left. Even you don't believe they will have settled it then. But I know what your argument will be next week....."It's new, what do you want?", won't it?

Can't find a complain about mssing localisation here. Don't drink and post, honey. Trying to make some topics up so your Post looks bigger?
I report my bugs ingame and to be honest, I would love to pass the chance to play together with arrogant people like you are. Everyone is stupid who doesn't share your opinions, right?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:27 PM.