Lt. Commander
# 1 Cryptics headstart fiasco
01-30-2010, 12:58 PM
So the promotion folks at cryptic decide to promote game by deception. They promote digital downloads, hardboxes and the like with a decent amount of items including head start.

What they fail to tell you is the preorder downloads and items will not be available for download or shipment until the official launch, so what was the point in paying for headstart and the items in the first place cryptic?

Apparently cryptic feels that those ordering and paying extra cash need no explanations for their screw up nor do they need to fix this problem. Instead they type a small post with another announcement that simply states pro order items will be available launch day, after the heaqdstart.

Your business practices are ignorant cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chal
So the promotion folks at cryptic decide to promote game by deception. They promote digital downloads, hardboxes and the like with a decent amount of items including head start.

What they fail to tell you is the preorder downloads and items will not be available for download or shipment until the official launch, so what was the point in paying for headstart and the items in the first place cryptic?

Apparently cryptic feels that those ordering and paying extra cash need no explanations for their screw up nor do they need to fix this problem. Instead they type a small post with another announcement that simply states pro order items will be available launch day, after the heaqdstart.

I wasn't aware that you paid for the Bonuses? I thought those were Bonuses?
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VarXX
This is coming from the people with the same mentality that paid for the lifetime subs just so they can play a borg..
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 01:01 PM
Do you honestly think this is a fiasco? Really?

Been pretty good from my point of view, maybe we have a different definition of 'fiasco'.

Pretty sure the bonuses not being available until full launch were well known. At least I was fully aware that my pre-order bonus would not be valid until the launch date, that is it excludes the headstart.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 01:02 PM
Quote:

Craptic is a bunch of greedy ass jews
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VarXX
I guess when you post like you did Varxx without thinking you get that. I will explain it for you since you seem incapable.

You pay extra for bonus items and headstart, and regular price for no bonus items and regular launch day, you get that hero? Need it spelled out a bit clearer?
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 01:03 PM
What fiasco?
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 01:04 PM
Quote:

good job on reading the pre order FAQ that was up when ALL the pre orders were avilable

its not their fault for not telling you

its your fault for not looking or understanding what the bonus's are
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proletariat12
This is coming from the people with the same mentality that paid for the lifetime subs just so they can play a borg..
And this quote comes from the same sheep that are afraid to address problems and hope others will do it for them.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 01:07 PM
Quote:

wait....wut? I dont see how anything affects the head start other than the joined trill. And how did you expect them to give you the retail items with no retail codes? just trust everyone to only make a joined trill if they bought that specific retail item? Maybe just let everyone make em then delete those people who didnt know at release?

Seriously, did you want them to just give you all the retail items and take away the ones you didnt buy at launch? Im confused as to what you expected them to do.