Captain
Just like the title says, my game will freeze, but the cursor will continue to move around, sometimes after a brief freeze for itself too.

Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 256 MB
Software OS X 10.9.1 (13B42)
The Somraw, K'tinga, D'Kyr, D7, Kumari, and T'Varo are all older than the Constitution Refit and yet they are tier 5. The rule needs to change.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
02-12-2014, 10:49 PM
I've also been getting this. Has happened three times in the last 24 hours. First was at Drozana Station after somebody launched one of those party orbs. Freezes my hole system. Get short bursts that let me navigate to force close. Otherwise if it takes too long I give up and just do a hard shut down. A bit annoying. Been having lots of little random stuff since the server maintenance last week and then the Mac client update a few days ago has seen stuff get worse. After the client update, game refused to load. Had to re-install.
Ensign
# 3
02-13-2014, 06:49 PM
I also experience this and it's constant. It seems like whenever I run into something that taxes the video (heavy ship combat, or just a room with more intense graphics) the game client completely locks up. Once that happens I pretty much have to shut my mac down. I can't get into spotlight, or get out of the game client at all.

I can almost guarantee that this will happen everytime I boot up.

Running on a MBP 2011, i7 processor, 8 gigs of ram. Note this doesn't happen if I boot into Bootcamp to run the client.
Ensign
My 2013 iMac has started this behavior over the past two days. Frequent freezes that require a complete restart.

And my 2013 mgr (15 inch) gave me the "this program can't start" error and now I am reinstalling to see how that goes.

For what it is worth; I am also in the Drozana Station area.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
02-14-2014, 08:00 PM
Yea, just had it again. Logged in, beamed down right away to the mining ship, and the whole thing froze as soon as I materialized. I think it has to do something with the client update they did the other week. Cause I wasn't having any major problems until it happened.

Mid 2010 MBP 15in Intel i7-2.66 8gb ram NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 512 MB OSX Lion