Lt. Commander
# 1 General Fantasy Thread
01-30-2010, 04:36 PM
This is made in response to a conversation we started in one of the ongoing threads about girls

Anyway, Sci-Fi is the best, of course (other wise we wouldn't all be here), but the fantasy genre, closely related to the sci-fi genre, is pretty cool too. What fantasy do you guys like?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 04:37 PM
Books... fantasy literature... anything that fits the genre that I can read!

< Bookworm >
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 04:38 PM
If you liked the Paksenarion series You'll love this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Price-Stars-Bo...ref=pd_sim_b_2

there is a prequel too that is nice, but not nearly as good as the first 3. I don't read much at all since I play video games so much and I've read the series a few times already.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 04:38 PM
The fantasy where I'm a dragon stealing all the hotties from the world.

dragonlance, shanara, wow-lore.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sintar07 View Post
Ah, so have you ever read The Black Company? My cousin made me read it a few months ago, and I'm glad he did. It's probably one of the most interesting and unique series I've ever read.

@Losbullit, I'm a fan of Dragonlance myself. Not WoW lore so much, though. I just play that.
Grew up on dragonlance. xD Need to read it again.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGrizz View Post
Books... fantasy literature... anything that fits the genre that I can read!

< Bookworm >
Ah, so have you ever read The Black Company? My cousin made me read it a few months ago, and I'm glad he did. It's probably one of the most interesting and unique series I've ever read.

@Losbullit, I'm a fan of Dragonlance myself. Not WoW lore so much, though. I just play that.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 04:41 PM
Quote:

The Black Company, Shadows Linger & White Rose
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 04:44 PM
The Dark Tower series by Stephen King is great. Big fan of Stephen King, but this series is the best he's ever written.

Other than that, almost anything by Neil Gaiman and Robert McCammon. If you like postapocalyptic-type stories, read McCammon's Swan Song.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 04:53 PM
I love fantasy, it's pretty much all I read aside from Star Wars and Star Trek books. A few of my favorite series are Chronicles of the Necromancer, Temeraire, Codex Alera, the Conan stories, any of the older Forgotten Realms books, Tales of the Otori and many, many others. I did read most of The Black Company but stopped during the last book in the second to last collection. (can't remember the name) It got too depressing and it seemed like it was starting to flash into the future too much and I HATE when stories do that.

EDIT: I also liked the Dark Tower series, I never read it but I listened to the entire thing on CD and it was great, WAY too much description though so if I did read it I probably would have ended up getting bored.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 04:59 PM
You can't get girls in real life?

Quote:
This is made in response to a conversation we started in one of the ongoing threads about girls

Anyway, Sci-Fi is the best, of course (other wise we wouldn't all be here), but the fantasy genre, closely related to the sci-fi genre, is pretty cool too. What fantasy do you guys like?