Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 05:07 PM
I am all over fantasy.

High fantasy with elves and mages and all that like Dragonlance/Dungeons and Dragons.

Low Fantasy and it's relative mundaneness like Song of Fire and Ice.

Modern Fantasy like Persona and Magical Girl series.

Me ending up with Roger Smith.

Yeah, I like fantasy.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 05:32 PM
I does be Lovin fantasy I do! I have this ginormous (ropes needed to scale that mother) list (man I hate list's) of authors I like and I read a lot, I suppose I prefer the darker militaristic/heroic type stuff best with Steven Erikson as my favourite writer, he rocks.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpiglet View Post
You can't get girls in real life?
No, I can't actually. Not normal ones anyway. I can't find the thread with my rant about exes, but the short version is I had a needy who threatened suicide, an angry who refused to accept apologies even when I shouldn't have had to give them, and a vindictive who not only turned me down (so not technically a gf) but also told everybody that knew me that I was a stalker.

...so yeah, I'm not impressed by the track record of RL girls so far.

EDIT: Sorry, that's all off topic anyway. Wrong thread for it really. Girl talk should be in the girl thread. Please just consider this a response to a question and let's stay on topic.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 06:54 PM
final fantasy is an obvious one for me i rly like combat with swords given a frosting with modern technology and fancy fly about the place moves, Lord of the Rings is just about my favourite fantasy storey tho, but also all the warhammer storys aswell, i prefer the 40K story line over most of them and LOVE the necrons.

as for girls in sci-fi/fantasy im pretty much indifferent i dont get wood from looking at a woman with a HUGE sword and rack wearing something that doesnt really provide much protection, having said that such characters add to the fantasy since such women dont really exist
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2010, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxilos View Post
as for girls in sci-fi/fantasy im pretty much indifferent i dont get wood from looking at a woman with a HUGE sword and rack wearing something that doesnt really provide much protection, having said that such characters add to the fantasy since such women dont really exist
Personally, I was always a fan of Eowyn from LotR. She's the original warrior woman, and she did it without skimpy clothing. She's also way more badass than any of those other woman warriors, because she slew one of the greatest evils in her world.
Lt. Commander
LOL In all seriousness I have a ton of books passed down withing the family. Some of which I am in the process of copying "with consent" So I can send them to friends that want to read them...

The Crowing jewels of my Collection:

A 5 Years after it's making print of the "King James" Version of the bible.
A orginal print of the "Christmas Carol" by DickensonIt's rather small with green hardbound =D

Other that of I TONNNNN Of manga ranging from Wolf's Rain to Fruit's Basket. Those two being amongst my favs of the collection.

All of Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicals- A work of graphic gothical romantic art if you ask me.

And..*counts* 7 of the Dragonlance books...3 series

I'm also rather found of poetry and greek and roman phylsophy. I plan to collect more of these in my times like beloved Ovid

<33333s Not being a show off...I am not a literary elitist and would be glad to share my collection with those that swing by the Seattle Area shoot me a message might be to swap stories and books for our literary knowlege to expand to further heights.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-30-2010, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScientificMedic
LOL In all seriousness I have a ton of books passed down withing the family. Some of which I am in the process of copying "with consent" So I can send them to friends that want to read them...

The Crowing jewels of my Collection:

A 5 Years after it's making print of the "King James" Version of the bible.
A orginal print of the "Christmas Carol" by DickensonIt's rather small with green hardbound =D

Other that of I TONNNNN Of manga ranging from Wolf's Rain to Fruit's Basket. Those two being amongst my favs of the collection.

All of Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicals- A work of graphic gothical romantic art if you ask me.

And..*counts* 7 of the Dragonlance books...3 series

I'm also rather found of poetry and greek and roman phylsophy. I plan to collect more of these in my times like beloved Ovid

<33333s Not being a show off...I am not a literary elitist and would be glad to share my collection with those that swing by the Seattle Area shoot me a message might be to swap stories and books for our literary knowlege to expand to further heights.
Oh yeah, your avvy's from the Wolf's Rain anime, isn't it. I just started watching that the other day (I haven't been in a bookstore since I heard of it a few weeks ago, so I haven't seen any of the manga).

I'm curious, how did you come by such an old copy of the King James Bible? That's quite a find.
Lt. Commander
Use the avy is from Wolf's Rain. It is a rather special anime to me.

The bible came about from my great great grandparents...how they got their hands out. Probably the Church? Not sure. Anyway it's not safely in a case.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-12-2010, 03:38 PM
Todays Necro post is brought to you by Lil Grave Diggers cereal. Now with 8 kinds of grave inspired marshmellow shapes!

BTW. Whatever happened Sintar?
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-12-2010, 03:40 PM
I hate him *urp* excuse me