Lt. Commander
People cant really handle downtime at all. I am wondering if people quit their jobs and bought a lifetime sub so they can live out their Trekkie fantasies in the comfort of home.

People are freaking out over a couple hours. Its still early in its life. No MMO can perfectly forecast what is going to happen at launch. Wow didnt, ask the population of Khadgar what it was like early on. Same with **** and any big name MMO that has come out in the last few years. It happens. Suck it up, walk away from the game for a few days and come back when it all is running smoother.

If you play something at launch its going to be rough. This is a fact for any MMO out there that has any sort of release hype.

Get some fresh air. Nothing you do is going to get you to the level cap first. I promise, you're better off relaxing or going to play an established MMO for the first few days if you are getting stressed over the same thing that happens during every launch.
Lt. Commander
# 2 Agreed!
01-30-2010, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenzodiac View Post
People are freaking out over a couple hours. Its still early in its life. No MMO can perfectly forecast what is going to happen at launch. Wow didnt, ask the population of Khadgar what it was like early on. Same with **** and any big name MMO that has come out in the last few years. It happens. Suck it up, walk away from the game for a few days and come back when it all is running smoother... you are getting stressed over the same thing that happens during every launch.
So true. People really need to relax... damanding their money back. Seriously, if you just have an ounce of patience while they fix things, the game will only keep getting better.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 04:55 PM
Quote:
People cant really handle downtime at all. I am wondering if people quit their jobs and bought a lifetime sub so they can live out their Trekkie fantasies in the comfort of home.
Wait, I thought everyone did this.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 04:57 PM
I agree OP.

When the game launches, there will be alot of things said about this game, both positive and negative.

However, one phrase that will never be mentioned: "Mature playerbase".
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 05:00 PM
As a whole this has been really amusing.
People have been freaking out too much about this game.
Between minor crashes and immersion breaking all I can do is read the forums and picture 90% of the population being morbidly obese covered in cheese doodle dust sitting in a dark room in a skin tight but ill fitting star trek tee screaming at the monitor in frustration.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 05:02 PM
Quote:

People are freaking out over a couple hours. Its still early in its life. No MMO can perfectly forecast what is going to happen at launch. Wow didnt, ask the population of Khadgar what it was like early on. Same with **** and any big name MMO that has come out in the last few years. It happens. Suck it up, walk away from the game for a few days and come back when it all is running smoother.

If you play something at launch its going to be rough. This is a fact for any MMO out there that has any sort of release hype.

Get some fresh air. Nothing you do is going to get you to the level cap first. I promise, you're better off relaxing or going to play an established MMO for the first few days if you are getting stressed over the same thing that happens during every launch.
As a guild master there is always other stuff that has to be taken care of outside the game as well, so it really didnt bother me at all
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 05:03 PM
Having played quite a few MMO's from launch I have to agree as well with the OP. I was one of those guys on WoW who was dealing with the stupid server issues and it wasn't pleasant. To this day WoW still has the occasion, be it rare that a scheduled maintenance screws up and the servers are down almost all day. People need patience and understanding. Get up and go do something else. Hell I just play Dragon Age or gasp go outside or read a book! Scary I know
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raath View Post
I agree OP.

When the game launches, there will be alot of things said about this game, both positive and negative.

However, one phrase that will never be mentioned: "Mature playerbase".
"Mature playerbase" and "MMO" can never be used in the same sentence.

Its like dividing by zero.
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 05:06 PM
Quote:

^^^ this, ditto, and stuff.