Lt. Commander
# 21
01-30-2010, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelPaladin
Patience is not free. If people are frustrated enough with the game that they no longer consider it worth their money, that is their right. The state of any other previous MMOs is irrelevant in that determination. Either a product is worth the price in the mind of the buyer, or it is not, and that is something to be decided solely at the discretion of the consumer. The opinion of others in that determination is also irrelevant.

I am enjoying the game to the point that I laid down a lifetime subscription, but if others no longer feel STO is worth their money, then getting a refund and leaving is their logical course of action.

YOU MY KIND SIR ARE A ****ER.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-30-2010, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethzero View Post
I'm willing to wager the only people complaining are:

1. People who have never played an MMO before
2. People who have only played WoW, and even then only started playing recently
3. People under the age of 18
4. Trolls
5. Generally annoying people
YEP not the EX WOW ers (insert long sigh here) wish the wow'ers would stay with wow. After all bliz couldn't make the game any easier could they. Tgear for 50 badges which = 25 30min instances.

I got a idea - maybe the BIG C could hand out T4 ships for 2 missions
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-30-2010, 05:20 PM
I think what's really telling is that people are so impatient they don't even check to see if there is a thread about what they're about to rant about. In the last ten minutes at least 20 threads about "stuck at retrieving characters" has been made...
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-30-2010, 05:21 PM
No, The Mature playerbase are mature enough not to go an infantile rage at the smallest hiccup in what has been a fairly tame launch...
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-30-2010, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Sykes
Or George Bush and Smart in the same sentence with "is" in between.
George is bush smart?
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-30-2010, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish-Fury View Post
No, The Mature playerbase are mature enough not to go an infantile rage at the smallest hiccup in what has been a fairly tame launch...
I remarked earlier today about how smoothly Friday went.

Today is much more along the lines of what I was expecting.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-30-2010, 07:44 PM
Quote:
I'm willing to wager the only people complaining are:

1. People who have never played an MMO before
Nope. RO & EVE amongst others.

Quote:
. People who have only played WoW, and even then only started playing recently
I can honestly say, WoW never appealed to me. But I didn't like the story in ******** either.
Quote:
. People under the age of 18
32 actually.
Quote:
4. Trolls
Not known for it.
Quote:
5. Generally annoying people
That's highly subjective, I find people attempting to pidgeon hole me as annoying you apparently do people complaining that your FOTM MMO isn't working quite the way the PR machine suggested it would.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-30-2010, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaneshi
Nope. RO & EVE
See this alone tells me you have no reason to complain. I've played EVE. If you have managed to get anywhere in that game you must have the patience of a saint.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-30-2010, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenzodiac View Post
See this alone tells me you have no reason to complain. I've played EVE. If you have managed to get anywhere in that game you must have the patience of a saint.
Not to mention, EVE had launch problems, and has had problems with Steam customers. Sound familiar?
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-30-2010, 09:09 PM
Well, lets see...

1. Well over the age of 18 (27 next month, thanks)

2. I've been playing MMOs since they were MUDs. Ultima, Everquest, etc. I've never played WoW.

3. I start to find my patience wearing thing when I hear the same canned responses and excuses.

Cryptic's usual excuse is "It's still OB guys!" It's not a Beta anymore. Head Start is supposed to be the launch product that a subset of subscribers get early access to.

We've had just as much downtime in the last two days of headstart as we had toward the end of Open Beta, and Cryptic isn't good about communicating what went wrong and what they're doing about it.

I spent $300 on the game. Maybe I'm an idiot. I knew that the content was lacking, but that will come with time. Server stability and infrastructure were two things I didn't figure they were going to take for granted.

So yeah... I'm one of those "Lifers" who's a little high strung about the fact that I spent $300 on an MMO that doesn't appear to be anywhere near ready.