Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
There are always dedicated and focused people who are interested in bypassing lower level content to get to end game as fast as possible.

Anything you do by reacting to that does more harm to everyone else than it will ever affect them.
Lol... I really wasn't trying to get into this as a serious topic, but I agree with what you say and sadly I think some of the adjustments to Klinks were made because they were fighting against the motivated people trying to get to T5 before Open beta was over. This sadly will end up punishing the Klink faction as a whole and add another draw back to potential players.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 09:26 PM
Anyone else remember the CO headstart?

The cap in CO is 40, there were players that hit 40 during the headstart weekend (3 days). On release day there was a patch that increased PvE difficulty and decreased mission XP rewards. Anybody want to place bets on what Cryptic does this time?

Oh, and I'm stocking up with popcorn for the 2nd... you know, just in case. Based on the forum reactions in CO with far fewer players than STO has, this is going to be hilarious.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 09:30 PM
PVP levelling is too slow in T1 for Klingons, not sure if it picks back up in T2 again, but I'm getting like 60 skill points per match, and haven't been able to complete any of the very few PVP quests (there seems to be less of them now).

PVE isn't much better since only crap we have is repeatable stuff that's on a timer slowing us down, but feds have a never ending torrent of XP, loot, merits, etc :\
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonster
PVP levelling is too slow in T1 for Klingons, not sure if it picks back up in T2 again, but I'm getting like 60 skill points per match, and haven't been able to complete any of the very few PVP quests (there seems to be less of them now).

PVE isn't much better since only crap we have is repeatable stuff that's on a timer slowing us down, but feds have a never ending torrent of XP, loot, merits, etc :\
I'm going to run a test of PvP tomorrow when I get some time, but here are results from T2 Kahless.
Quote:
T2 a little experiment:

I decided to time the mission and gauge the rewards. While I consider myself average in skill I'm knowledgable enough to know certain things which may give me a slightly faster time than most noobs, but by no means do I think my "prowess" is too far off what it would take most players to complete the mission. I did not kill any ships during the 6 minute cool down, I wanted a base line number. I attacked the closest squadron of ships and only avoided the Runabout squads when I couldn't attack them head on to utilize the speed of my cannons (It was fun to see if I could kill them all before the 15 minute rapid fire ran out).

One completion of the Kahless mission (kill 10 squadrons x 3) took 38:23. At the end I had earned the following:

Skill points - 418
BO skill points - 216
Honor -207
Medals - 75
Credits - 9,536

I'd be interested in similar numbers from someone playing and queuing for PvP for roughly 40 minutes.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-31-2010, 12:15 AM
I'd say one can get between 100 and 220ish skillpoints in spacepvp in 40 minutes in T2. The CTF Scenario can last for 40 minutes if you are unlucky and if the arenas pop instantly you will probably be able to complete 2 or maybe 3 in 40 minutes (3 will be up to 360 skillpoints as reward).

But i really hate the 6 minutes waitingperiod in the khaless expanse runs. Less skillpoints for the quest and shorter waitingperiods would be nice.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-31-2010, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagon01 View Post
I'd say one can get between 100 and 220ish skillpoints in spacepvp in 40 minutes in T2. The CTF Scenario can last for 40 minutes if you are unlucky and if the arenas pop instantly you will probably be able to complete 2 or maybe 3 in 40 minutes (3 will be up to 360 skillpoints as reward).

But i really hate the 6 minutes waitingperiod in the khaless expanse runs. Less skillpoints for the quest and shorter waitingperiods would be nice.
Cool thanks for the info. Yeah the 6 minute cool down is silly. many times I'll just go around killing more ships, it is not much in the way of skill points, but it gives me a little extra.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-31-2010, 01:32 AM
If they do a massive xp nerf like in CO I won't stay past the 30days, paranoia already makes me feel like they did.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-31-2010, 01:44 AM
Kinda cant compare how people are leveling fast, because there is always some who do not eat/sleep/live social and level up very quick. Its usualy those, who level up, just so they can whine on the forums about lack of content...the majority of player exp at kinda same rate. I logged in the morning and saw only 2 cmds.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-31-2010, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
Kinda cant compare how people are leveling fast, because there is always some who do not eat/sleep/live social and level up very quick. Its usualy those, who level up, just so they can whine on the forums about lack of content...the majority of player exp at kinda same rate. I logged in the morning and saw only 2 cmds.
Again, I was joking because of all the posts we saw in Open beta about Klingons leveling too fast. I've seen a total of about 5 on at one time. All Feds. Does that mean anything? Nope, except maybe that they are SoL when it comes to PvP since it appears there are few if any Klinks at Cmdr.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-31-2010, 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
7 of them on at this moment all Feds :p