Commander
Just finished the 3 old rep systems so have a bunch of choices for space gear, currently don't have fleet access to provisions.

Running a plasma beam boat + rom torp and kinetic beam, essentially I need to move and fire with science skills irrelevant and thats the issue as the space sets love adding science stats that I won't use.

Current engine is jemmy which is quick and adds weapon power, deflector is a purple mk 12 adding shield cap and regen and hull cap and some other stuff. Obviously the Maco shields are an upgrade and I've started those. But which engines and deflector to go with them?

I don't want to throw 60K dil for stats of almost no use. The adapted Maco engine has a nice power boost, but the deflector isn't as good as the one I have, however the 2 set boost is very nice.
Captain
# 2
11-14-2013, 08:01 PM
In general, one can't go wrong with the Borg Deflector and Borg Engine with the MACO or Adapted MACO shields.

With the two part borg set you get a really good free heal. The Deflector itself is good in that it gives you a good chunk of extra hull HP too.

Eventually you might want to get fleet resilient shields, but until then, the shields you have are good.
Commander
# 3
11-14-2013, 08:35 PM
The exchange deflector has 26 in both shield cap and emitters and 17 in hull, adapted maco engine adds 3.8 to weapon, shield and aux vs borg healing, 5 in aux and engine, 36 hull

On balance I think the Borg is best, with the Maco shield in combat and energy management I'll hit a sustained 125 weapon and shields without those 3.8s from the engines.
Survivor of Remus
# 4
11-14-2013, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovinspace View Post
The exchange deflector has 26 in both shield cap and emitters and 17 in hull, adapted maco engine adds 3.8 to weapon, shield and aux vs borg healing, 5 in aux and engine, 36 hull

On balance I think the Borg is best, with the Maco shield in combat and energy management I'll hit a sustained 125 weapon and shields without those 3.8s from the engines.
Just an fyi, but the adapted maco engines don't give a flat bonus to power levels, it varies on how much power you've allocated. The less power, the bigger the bonus.

Peacekeeper High Command
Bylar Crais - Zelbinion IV
Scorpius - R.R.W. Kharibdyss
Commander
# 5
11-16-2013, 12:50 PM
Tough one. The Nukara deflector is the best for shield tanking IMO, and I like the Jem Hadar Engines the best. The Borg 2 piece bonus is solid, but my engineers don't really ever need hull regen of that magnitude. Chances are good that the Adapted Engines won't actually give you a power boost that is worth it, to any subsystem.

Honestly I have never missed the hull regen but I have missed having a few extra points in weapon power. You could easily stick with what you have, but I would go with the Nukara Deflector, stick with the Jemmy Engines, and either a MACO shield or a fleet shield depending on whether you plan on equipping a Plasmonic Leech.

Side Note:
Don't forget that the MACO shields interfere with Plasmonic Leech, you need to consider that if you plan on equipping it, if not it then no worries. Fleet Shields work well with the Leech as does the adapted MACO.
Commander
# 6
11-16-2013, 07:49 PM
My Rommy won't get a leech anytime soon, all spare ec went on keys to make up some lobi after missing some days, hopefully they'll do some good ships for 480 in a sale. With the foundry farms removed I won't make a huge effort to get the leech before getting a 10 console ship.

For tanking my exchange deflector already beats the nukara, can't remember how much it cost, there might be more sat there for pennies.

Last edited by ovinspace; 11-16-2013 at 07:52 PM.