Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 06:16 PM
Downtime of 8 hours approximately in the headstart so far, including scheduled maintenance.

96 hours in the headstart total.

8 1/3 % of the headstart with servers unavailable. It doesn't matter what else can be said, that's abysmal performance.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorgEmpire
Headstart just means extended BETA testing.

The downtime is to weed out players who get frustrated so that the server doesnt lag on Tuesday. So they dont have to buy new servers.
There was no problems at all Friday at 10am PST when the servers went live for the headstart but tonight when I try to play during prime time of course all hell has broken loose. I guess this could at least mean the game is popular so that's a good thing but I am a bit surprised the servers have crashed so badly.
Lt. Commander
if we start loading the character list now,
we will be way ahead of the monday folks trying to load...

so i guess this is the headstart!
Lt. Commander
# 14 More Servers?
01-30-2010, 06:21 PM
I thought they were adding more servers but the "headstart" runs worse than open beta did.

Please bring the new servers online before Tuesday... would hate to have wasted my money on a nice game that I can't play.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2010, 06:23 PM
Headstarts, I think, is something, Cryptic started with CoH (at least publicly). It was a chance to test the production systems with people playing as they would in live. Many MMORPG had "headstarts" but they were limited to hand picked people, usually very active beta players and friends of the developers. Cryptic was the first I ever saw using it as a sales tool to encourage people to pre-order.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-30-2010, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paratus
I thought they were adding more servers but the "headstart" runs worse than open beta did.

Please bring the new servers online before Tuesday... would hate to have wasted my money on a nice game that I can't play.
They are getting more servers *wink wink* you won't have to wait to play the game in a que *wink wink* Please don't cancel your subscription.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-30-2010, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorgEmpire
MMO just means extended BETA testing.
Fixed that for you..

All corporate paper pushers make MMO's release before they are ready, and then 'as a free patch' include the rest of the stuff that was planned for release.

This allows them to get money while they still do the same work, allowing them to deliver sub-par service and blame it on a 'new game' instead of making a great game and releasing it as such.

If it weren't for the lifetime option, I wouldnt have bought this game until summer, when the rest of the content is out.. and the REALLY ***** SIMPLE bugs were fixed.