Lt. Commander
Does anyone actually KNOW what is going on with the game? I would really rather they take it down, but tell us about it first, and then fix the problem. I feel that the beta worked better than the release....
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 05:09 PM
I would agree at this point, I knew during beta this was possible, and i got kicked here and there, but before the beta was over, it was running somewhat smooth, i just wonder what they did during that planned downtime this morning.. it was working decently last night...
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokagen View Post
I would agree at this point, I knew during beta this was possible, and i got kicked here and there, but before the beta was over, it was running somewhat smooth, i just wonder what they did during that planned downtime this morning.. it was working decently last night...
I was about to say the same thing.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 05:15 PM
You must remember while it did run fairly smooth at the end of beta there are even more people logging in now and playing. It seems still a bit whacky and I guess now the patch instead of kicking you to the login keeps you till the server responds.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 05:15 PM
Remember the number one rule of making a MMO treat the players like mushrooms. Keep them in the dark and feed them BS.

Heck the dev tracker doesnt even work. And when the day comes where the devs post about why the server went down and all the problems i be shocked
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 05:16 PM
What was in this morning's patch? PunkBuster?
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 07:37 PM
Whatever the reasons, whatever the causes, when the server comes down ( and yes, I know its a new release, and its GOING to crash ), please just a little blurb to tell the throngs of now-paying customers what the heck is going on.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 07:40 PM
The difference is it's Saturday night. Lots of people off today who also don't work tomorrow.

My guess is the server load is kicking their butt. Wait until public grand crash...er opening.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2134 View Post
Remember the number one rule of making a MMO treat the players like mushrooms. Keep them in the dark and feed them BS.
Hahahahaha
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady_J
I feel that the beta worked better than the release....
It doesn't officially release until Tuesday. We're in sort of a post-beta/pre-launch transition until then. And just for the record, this is nothing compared to what Tuesday may be like. That's the whole point of bringing the servers down, they're trying to get ready for the actual release.

It may suck now, but they're doing this to make the game better, not to intentionally make people upset. There is a method to the madness.