Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 05:27 PM
hey it retrieved my characters...then failed at loading screen
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 05:27 PM
I haven't even been able to stay on for more than 10 to 15 mins and I get kicked then stuck at "Retrieving list of characters" this might be a MMO (Not my first by any means) but as of now this Head Start is worse than "Beta" closed and open ever was
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyspair View Post
I haven't even been able to stay on for more than 10 to 15 mins and I get kicked then stuck at "Retrieving list of characters" this might be a MMO (Not my first by any means) but as of now this Head Start is worse than "Beta" closed and open ever was
ya no kidding. I didn't play beta to much (only made it to Lt. Cmder 9) but I don't remember any server crashes only scheduled server downtimes.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 05:36 PM
Yeah load times seem far worse than they had been yesterday (even during U.S. primetime), so I'm not sure if it's just that the load today is far greater than we've had before (which would make sense with the server crash earlier) or if something in the new patch has caused it.

I was on K-7 when I hit "beam to ship" and while the animation played, I was still inside the station, and my avatar was invisible. Tried it a few times, and then I decided to log out and back in to see if that would help. Instead, I'd get as far as "Retrieving Character List" and then it'd kick me back to the login screen after a while.

At this point, I'm starting to think headstart was a bad idea, and that Cryptic should have just spent those four days tweaking the servers and fixing the remaining bugs. Not saying "F&$% Cryptic, I KWIT!!!!," just it'd have probably been better to just launch everyone on Feb 2nd with no headstart. Especially, since most of us can't use our pre-order items until Tuesday anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalGunPilot
ya no kidding. I didn't play beta to much (only made it to Lt. Cmder 9) but I don't remember any server crashes only scheduled server downtimes.
There were some, mostly at the beginning and end of OB. I don't remember any that crippled the game all day like we had earlier, though.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2010, 05:59 PM
You see this is what happens when everybody whines that there gamestop pre-order ship will useless by the time they get on tuesday. They scheduled a server crash to make gamestop customers happy. Its conspiracy.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-30-2010, 06:00 PM
Quote:
You see this is what happens when everybody whines that there gamestop pre-order ship will useless by the time they get on tuesday. They scheduled a server crash to make gamestop customers happy. Its conspiracy.
BINGO LOL and you gotta love the theory
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-30-2010, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Don't forget those who got a Joined Trill, and have to re-roll on Tuesday.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-30-2010, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USSNighthawk

I was on K-7 when I hit "beam to ship" and while the animation played, I was still inside the station, and my avatar was invisible. Tried it a few times, and then I decided to log out and back in to see if that would help. Instead, I'd get as far as "Retrieving Character List" and then it'd kick me back to the login screen after a while.
Just did that to me no avatar chould walk around with invisible toon lol
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-30-2010, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USSNighthawk
Don't forget those who got a Joined Trill, and have to re-roll on Tuesday.
Naw only gamestop has enough pull in the games industry to have Cryptic schedule an unexpected server crash. And plus you gotta agree it sounds like something Gamestop would do. And ya Gamestop is involved now...the conspiracy thickens to molasses consistency.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-30-2010, 06:36 PM
It's called a ping flood, it happens to almost all major online releases. Give it time people, ffs

Hell, my buddy's ISP had outages that they referenced to Modern Warfare 2's release