Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Graphical and Sound Issues
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-02-2010, 10:38 AM
Using a HD 5870 and my fix is limiting the Dynamic Lights to 3.

You don't need to turn it off, just limit the light sources to 3 and you should be fine. Its hard to notice more than 3 anyways so its a decent fix until they release a patch to fix this.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-02-2010, 10:40 AM
I have a 4890, and with dynamic lighting turned off the crashes and lag disappear.

I would also like this fixed asap, it has been a problem for quite some time.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-02-2010, 05:29 PM
ATI user here. STO just started crashing for me today after 139MB patch. 10.1 drivers updated today, previously running 9.12.
Crashes every 10-15 minutes. I could play without any issue s through the whole OB and headstart. Now I can't. I sent two crash reports already. Hope someone will read it.
Also, seems that more people are experiencing crashes after today's patch.

EDIT: forgot to add, that I have AA off, DL off, PP off, and windowed mode now.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-03-2010, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngaio View Post
ATI user here. STO just started crashing for me today after 139MB patch. 10.1 drivers updated today, previously running 9.12.
Crashes every 10-15 minutes. I could play without any issue s through the whole OB and headstart. Now I can't. I sent two crash reports already. Hope someone will read it.
Also, seems that more people are experiencing crashes after today's patch.

EDIT: forgot to add, that I have AA off, DL off, PP off, and windowed mode now.
Thanks for the warning, I'll skip the latest drivers then if you're crashing even with Dynamic lighting off.. I hope this is fixed man.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-03-2010, 05:35 AM
I also have issues with my 2x4870's. I have the latest 10.11 drivers - when I solo I rarely have any issues, seems that whenever I group with my fleet I crash regularly during away missions.

As do the others in my fleet with ATi cards.

My computer just stalls and either turns off my monitor or displays red and white stripes and/or boxes - only fix is a reboot.

Its not a heat issue as I have a very well ventilated chasis and when I check my heat values all is in perfect order.

Please fix this asap as it is ruining my grouping experience.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-03-2010, 08:05 AM
For those of you that've tried everything in this thread and have not yet tried the maxfps hack, check out this thread. http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=88393

I've been able to get past the crashing using that workaround (for now).
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-03-2010, 08:37 AM
Likewise for me on a 5770.

Newly built computer with fresh install of Windows 7 home premium 64 bit and latest catalyst drivers.

No problems at all in space combat on full settings.

Ground combat would have significant frame issues, especially when first activating powers such as plasma grenade or target optics. Eventually in heavy fights game and system crashed intermittently, required a hard reboot once, other times client would crash out to desktop with the error reporting.

Turned settings from "full" to "recommended", no more delays or crashes during ground missions, game runs fine. Will sit at these settings until patch notes say otherwise.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-03-2010, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Strand
I also have issues with my 2x4870's. I have the latest 10.11 drivers - when I solo I rarely have any issues, seems that whenever I group with my fleet I crash regularly during away missions.

As do the others in my fleet with ATi cards.

My computer just stalls and either turns off my monitor or displays red and white stripes and/or boxes - only fix is a reboot.

Its not a heat issue as I have a very well ventilated chasis and when I check my heat values all is in perfect order.

Please fix this asap as it is ruining my grouping experience.
I've been having the same issue. But for me it doesn't happen JUST when grouped. It can happen at any point in time.

This started for me on the last 2 days of the OB and then on the frist and second nights of the headstart, I played for a combined 8 1/2 hours without trouble before it started up again. Now I'm at a point where I can play for approximately 2 - 2 1/2 hours before losing my video. I put in a ticket about this in OB and one on Sunday when it started happening again. Haven't heard anything yet.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-03-2010, 03:26 PM
I must admit setting "maxfps" to specific value (I set mine to 35) did the trick. I was able to play today for couple of hours without single crash in windowed mode with AA off, AF x16, DL off, PP off.
Lt. Commander
256MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD4330 ,Inspiron 1545,Intel Pentium Dual Core T4400, 2.2GHz, 800MHz, 1M L2 Cache ,4GB, DDR2, 800MHz 2 Dimm ,Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English ,Integrated High Definition Audio 2.2. I had to buy this as my current notebook gets stuck at the last frontier screen. It has 2g ram, with intel media accell chipset. Is my problem a bug or just not enough to run game. I have purchased lifetime and need to know will new laptop run game? Please help