Lt. Commander
# 91
02-09-2010, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz09
okay, so here's the thing: when i try to bind via the options menu in the game, i find that i'm unable to bind to most buttons on my controller. IE: I assigned .throttleadjust .25 to my lstick up just to see if it was working, and it was fine... however, when i try the same for joypad_up it doesnt even register. Same goes for most of my buttons. I checked functionality of the controller through windows and all buttons are in proper working order when I test them. Any ideas?
You WILL NOT be able to bind in the keybindings menu in the current version of the game.

As it stands, support for the controller is unofficial, and functionality is limited. Some inputs, like the sticks, will register in the /bind menu, but most will not. assignments to the buttons must be made manually in the chat window as described in Ko's original post.

OR, you can load the /bind files I have made as shown on pg3 of this post.
Lt. Commander
# 92
02-09-2010, 06:39 PM
Well, thats good to know, but I did try to load your /binds from the chat window. I tried that first actually. But i get the same result. My joypad seems not to work, and the same with most buttons. I can get the camera to rotate and i can get pitch up and down and left and right turn, but no impulse... I tried changing your bind so that impulse was set to my lstick (since I had pitch working ok) to see if that would work, but had no luck....
Lt. Commander
# 93
02-09-2010, 06:40 PM
man, that's odd.
Lt. Commander
# 94 Latest keybinds
02-09-2010, 06:55 PM
Here are my latest keybind files.

installing
1. copy the files into C:\Program Files\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live
2. IN GAME use the chat window and type: /bind_load_file x360_spaceREV4
3. repeat for the second set of bindings (x360_groundREV4)

NOTE that some bindings have changed from my original jpegs posted on pg3. I will update for reference tomorrow.
Lt. Commander
# 95
02-09-2010, 07:17 PM
Alright, so I deleted them in the altogether and then started from scratch. It worked great this time.... In retrospect, I'm not entirely certain that I placed a n underscore in between the "x360" and "space" or "ground". Knowing myself, I may have missed that important little detail. Either way, it's working great now. Is there a way to move around in the windows when they're open? IE: I can use the "back" button to open the map, but once opened, can I switch between area, galaxy and system etc? Or if I have multiple options to choose from when speaking to an NPC, is there a way to cycle between answers? Thanks for all your help!
Lt. Commander
# 96
02-10-2010, 02:18 AM
I tried your rev4 files and i'm still fubared. Fire phasers gives message "Gensendmessage <string> <string>"
the scanforclickes says "unknown command". I dont understand how if this is workjing for you, why it wont work for me. BTW i'm using a wired xbox360 gamepad
Lt. Commander
# 97
02-10-2010, 04:53 AM
Is there a way to have mouselook inverted Y on the controller, but not on the mouse?
Lt. Commander
# 98
02-10-2010, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz09
Is there a way to move around in the windows when they're open? IE: I can use the "back" button to open the map, but once opened, can I switch between area, galaxy and system etc? Or if I have multiple options to choose from when speaking to an NPC, is there a way to cycle between answers? Thanks for all your help!
Windows with tabs (map, vendors, etc.) are usually swapped with the left/right bumper bars. NPC dialogue options should be selectable with the Joypad up/down, then A to confirm.
Lt. Commander
# 99
02-10-2010, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurenbo
Windows with tabs (map, vendors, etc.) are usually swapped with the left/right bumper bars. NPC dialogue options should be selectable with the Joypad up/down, then A to confirm.
Ka's right, but I've found it to be spotty. sometimes I can hit left/right or up/down on the crosspad to choose options in an onscreen prompt, and other times I can't. as for the map, I've found that the triggers control the zoom level, but that's about it.
Lt. Commander
# 100
02-10-2010, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm_Kakuri
Is there a way to have mouselook inverted Y on the controller, but not on the mouse?
not that I've found. Anyone?