Lt. Commander
# 131
02-16-2010, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great_Milenko
I cant figure out how to keybind the camera control (rmb+mouse direction) to a keyboard key combination so that I can then re-key it as a key combination in Keypadder to use the right thumbstick to control the camera.
I assume you're talking about space controls? I had the same problem originally... the answer lies in the control tab in the user interface. There's a pulldown option that lets you select the camera type. Choose "free camera" default is "target camera" I think.

can't remember which list it's in, but poke around and you will find it. Once you set this to free camera, the right stick WILL controll the camera in a freelook style.
Lt. Commander
# 132
02-16-2010, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedeb
i have a problem i dont undestand how configurate the xbox controles ist a complex explication....
see my post on page 10. it describes the 3 step process to use the files, and has them attached.
Lt. Commander
# 133
02-16-2010, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond.makowski View Post
Here are my latest keybind files.

installing
1. copy the files into C:\Program Files\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live
2. IN GAME use the chat window and type: /bind_load_file x360_spaceREV4
3. repeat for the second set of bindings (x360_groundREV4)

NOTE that some bindings have changed from my original jpegs posted on pg3. I will update for reference tomorrow.
i dowload , copy andi tape /bind... for space then enter, and then nathing happend a try the jostik but nothing...
Lt. Commander
# 134
02-16-2010, 06:28 PM
Ya, im on camera free look, but the camera doesnt do anything unless I bind mouse look to a key, and I cant figure out how to bimd one key to four directions for the joystick. like there are four bind slots for the four directions for the joystick to go in, and it wants each one to be a different key.
Lt. Commander
# 135
02-16-2010, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedeb
i dowload , copy andi tape /bind... for space then enter, and then nathing happend a try the jostik but nothing...
be certain you are putting the files in the correct location. it has to be very specific. then, be sure you are using the exact syntax (command line typing) as shown in the step. it is easy to make a mistake here and the file will not load correctly!

/bind_load_file x360_groundREV4 (enter)
Lt. Commander
# 136
02-17-2010, 04:52 AM
I think these binds are great. They're much easier than the keyboard and though they may seem complicated at first, you can get used to it very quickly. I used Ray's binds, changed a few binds to better suit my playing style and can't imagine going back to the keyboard. I was having some difficulty at first, but after several attempts I was able to get it set up correctly. If you're having trouble, just keep trying and posting your questions. Graet job Ray. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 137
02-17-2010, 06:13 AM
i have in this directory C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\star trek online\Star Trek Online\Live ,,is change anything o it supust to work??
Lt. Commander
# 138
02-17-2010, 08:45 AM
That's the correct location for the file. Now once you're in game, in the chat window enter the following:

/bind load file x360_spaceRev4.txt

then press enter and it should work. However, make sure that you type the file name (the green text above) exactly as you have it saved into the location you mentioned in your last post.

If you type it incorrectly, then it will not work. Make sure you type it exactly the same as it appears in the Live file. Then you must repeat the process for the ground file.

EDIT: *Just noticed that your file is through Steam. I'm not using Steam and therefore cannot verify that it still works, but I imagine it should.
Lt. Commander
# 139
02-17-2010, 10:24 AM
Like xpadder wants to key up, down, right, left on the left joystick to w, a, s, d, to control the ship directions. However, given that the camera control is rmb + a mouse moved direction, I cant figure out how to get xpadder to bind rmb with a movement direction. I had figured out how to do it sorta as using the right joy pressed down to be the rmb and the joystick as the movement but thats cumbersome and hard.

Trying to use the Logitech configuration tool that comes with the gamepad, that tool wont record mouse clicks as input for the Commands. Anyone know how to get it to do this?? Here, my issue is Im trying to get the Commans program to record Right click to bind the Command to the joystick but it doesnt seem to "see" the mouse buttons OR movement.
Lt. Commander
# 140
02-17-2010, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great_Milenko
Like xpadder wants to key up, down, right, left on the left joystick to w, a, s, d, to control the ship directions. However, given that the camera control is rmb + a mouse moved direction, I cant figure out how to get xpadder to bind rmb with a movement direction. I had figured out how to do it sorta as using the right joy pressed down to be the rmb and the joystick as the movement but thats cumbersome and hard.

Trying to use the Logitech configuration tool that comes with the gamepad, that tool wont record mouse clicks as input for the Commands. Anyone know how to get it to do this?? Here, my issue is Im trying to get the Commans program to record Right click to bind the Command to the joystick but it doesn't seem to "see" the mouse buttons OR movement.
I attempted to use xpadder, but I could never get it to work right. Camera controls were always off. I think the issue is that the STO is partially compatible with certain controllers, so this causes conflicts with xpadder