Lt. Commander
# 241 "+Up"
02-29-2012, 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by astor View Post
Thanks much. Wonder why the left and right trigger commands are missing, yet working on my federation ship. I added them in again, thanks for the heads up on that.

Don't suppose you know the bind command to allow jumping when on ground missions? I've tried the obvious, but have failed; probably more bad syntax like above.
Are you just wondering the command to jump? It's "+Up"
Lt. Commander
# 242 Xbox 360 wireless controller
03-04-2012, 01:52 PM
Hey all,

A friend of mine is having some issues using his Xbox 360 wireless. any suggestions out there?

1)plug and play not detecting it; the green light on controler just blinks

2) tried switching ports , no joy

3) tried the unplug and take batteries out for 10 seconds, no joy.

Now for the record he is usinig it as a "wired" controler. Any help would be much appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 243
03-05-2012, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofallon
Hey all,

A friend of mine is having some issues using his Xbox 360 wireless. any suggestions out there?

1)plug and play not detecting it; the green light on controler just blinks

2) tried switching ports , no joy

3) tried the unplug and take batteries out for 10 seconds, no joy.

Now for the record he is usinig it as a "wired" controler. Any help would be much appreciated.
does he have the wireless adapter for the controller plugged in?
Lt. Commander
# 244
03-10-2012, 08:07 AM
Afraid that, to a non-tech type like me, this 'binding' business may as well be written in hyrogliphics. Can't figure it out at all despite having tried everything the posted instructions say. I brought a wireless xbox controller for this game and now can't use it.
Lt. Commander
# 245
03-10-2012, 09:30 AM
problem solved, use a wired pad like i do
Lt. Commander
# 246
03-10-2012, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_funky
problem solved, use a wired pad like i do
Got a good deal on a wireless one on Ebay though - seems a shame to have to purchase another. But this binding business is simply beyond me.
Lt. Commander
# 247
03-11-2012, 03:34 AM
sorry not certain what you are asking ?
Lt. Commander
# 248
03-11-2012, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedofheat
sorry not certain what you are asking ?
Nothing really - just saying I can't figure it out, despite numerous attempts.
Lieutenant
# 249
08-13-2012, 05:49 AM
Not sure if anyone else here is encountering this, but thought I'd ask - I used the keybind guide from the OP to set up space controls with RTrigger assigned to Fire All Phasers/Cannons/Turrets and LTrigger to Fire All Torpedoes. Works very well for the most part but annoyingly, if I'm in the vicinity of an object that can be interacted with, double-tapping the torpedo trigger (as I often do since I'm not always in the fire arc when I first try) seems to trip the "Interact" setting. This occasionally gets as far as pulling up the "Take Items" dialog box which blocks my POV. Wouldn't be an issue if there were so many anomalies right where fights take place... any ideas how to stop this?
Survivor of Remus
# 250
09-01-2012, 07:02 AM
not being rude or anything, but this might be ok for people that can follow these type of instructions. Some are a visual learner like me Need a video with step by step instructions to be able to do it with no problems.

Better still, cryptic and PWE need to implement a better setup where everything is already in place, all we have to do is assign the buttons we want to use. sort of like a PS3 game, where the controlls are already setup, but you choose the setup thats better for your play style.

example :
for logitech controllers

button 1 jump
button 2 crouch
button 3 run
button 4 swap weapons
button 5 aim
button 6 shoot

similar thing for xbox controllers.

i have both a xbox and logitech controllers but i am having serious issues on tryin to setup key binds on both. Not easy in my book