Lt. Commander
# 1 Feel kinda cheated...
01-30-2010, 04:26 PM
Ok so I'm aware its head start but if this carries on after monday I'll be annoyed.

I'm an EU player with not a lot of money for a super fast line, but its adequate and can cover most games well enough. However when I'm missing 4 hours of play time only to log in and find I can't play because of massive server side lag spikes because of the yank load on the server, its kind of worrying.

Cryptic, you need either to sort your server out or you need to launch a dedicated EU server, because when I can't even travel across sector space for lag spikes, I'd call that game breaking.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 04:31 PM
Hello, give it the first month.
If it doesn't improve, don't re-subscribe.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dublin_Raider View Post
Hello, give it the first month.
If it doesn't improve, don't re-subscribe.
Best advice ever. Complaining solves nothing. Just don't re sub if you are unhappy.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relliksan
Ok so I'm aware its head start but if this carries on after monday I'll be annoyed.

I'm an EU player with not a lot of money for a super fast line, but its adequate and can cover most games well enough. However when I'm missing 4 hours of play time only to log in and find I can't play because of massive server side lag spikes because of the yank load on the server, its kind of worrying.

Cryptic, you need either to sort your server out or you need to launch a dedicated EU server, because when I can't even travel across sector space for lag spikes, I'd call that game breaking.
hmmm I get the odd spike but not that many and dont think I could get much further away,
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 04:39 PM
first, try the EU proxy server, if you select options from the launcher you'll be able to set it there.

if you still have no luck, post in the technical forums asking for help, there are a lot of people who know a lot about networking, including devs, who will be able to provide technical advice that could help ease the problem for you.

if after all that its still a deal breaker for you, then i'd say come back in a few months, most MMO's have a large drop off after the first month once the free sub time runs out and that should decrease the server load a lot.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyx
Best advice ever. Complaining solves nothing. Just don't re sub if you are unhappy.
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard... if customers never voiced their unhappiness business would never try and improve their product...
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuar702 View Post
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard... if customers never voiced their unhappiness business would never try and improve their product...
Yes because dev really read all these threads and take it to their heart. Since they already dont know what's going on right?
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyx
So what you'd rather have is for those with complaints/problems to jut leave without letting cryptic know what the problem was? It seems if that happens then cryptic won't know they have problems and not fix anything. Which in the end will only hurt them.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. And even though this complaint might not help the OP it may help others down the line.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 04:49 PM
I don't notice much server lag except some mission are very slow to load.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raldar View Post
So what you'd rather have is for those with complaints/problems to jut leave without letting cryptic know what the problem was? It seems if that happens then cryptic won't know they have problems and not fix anything. Which in the end will only hurt them.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. And even though this complaint might not help the OP it may help others down the line.
This topic will be gone and forgotten in matter of secs just like other 100's before it. No amount of complaining here is going to change anything and thats my own personal experience. Thats why when i am unhappy i just quietly leave. Thats what really hurts the companies not the words written in melodramatic posts like 'i feel cheated or i am going to sue Cryptic' etc.