Lt. Commander
# 21
01-30-2010, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubsST View Post
If the lifetime membership is $250 dollars...

and the servers have been down for 6 hrs out of 24

I think all lifers should get 25% of their money back +10% for the fact they paid to be in head start and now headstart is tecnically useless for the reason its there...

I paid 180 for lifetime...

45 refund to stop me kicking off about you selling me a product I can only realistically use maybe 30% of the time I wish to use it. (If I only game for 4 hours a day and your servers are offline for 6 hrs everyday, your product would be 100% useless to me... someone should trying suing game developers like you cowboys...
Your math is way, way off. Try this:

If the lifetime membership costs $250......

and the servers have been down 6 hours out of a LIFETIME..........

....then how much should everyone get back?
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-30-2010, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubsST View Post
If the lifetime membership is $250 dollars...

and the servers have been down for 6 hrs out of 24

I think all lifers should get 25% of their money back +10% for the fact they paid to be in head start and now headstart is tecnically useless for the reason its there...

I paid 180 for lifetime...

45 refund to stop me kicking off about you selling me a product I can only realistically use maybe 30% of the time I wish to use it. (If I only game for 4 hours a day and your servers are offline for 6 hrs everyday, your product would be 100% useless to me... someone should trying suing game developers like you cowboys...
Life is around what, 70 years long now. If you turn them in to hours you'll get 613200 hours.
So for the 6 hours that you missed, you are intiteled to a total of $0,0024 .

Joking of course. Lighten up man.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-30-2010, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raath View Post
Yes, it is a bit much to ask for.

They are giving you a gift of a few free days before launch, you are asking for another gift...to make up for this gift.

If you get an Xmas gift you don't like, do you ask for another instead?

And what would you suggest the lifetime members get for their "inconvenience?"
If you disagree that's fine, personally if i could afford a lifetime subsciption, i wouldnt give two hoots about it because then I could play whenever and make up for the downtime myself. That option isnt available to me though like it is to you or anyone else who did spring for a lifetime.

I have already put down full price for my game, i will be playing. On a month to month baisis. My time is as valuable as the next guys. I have my opinion on this matter and I will state it, reguardless on weather you agree or not. I believe one free day isn't that much to ask for after the loss of one day given. Disagree if you must but it doesn't change my view or opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-30-2010, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madjik View Post
If you disagree that's fine, personally if i could afford a lifetime subsciption, i wouldnt give two hoots about it because then I could play whenever and make up for the downtime myself. That option isnt available to me though like it is to you or anyone else who did spring for a lifetime.

I have already put down full price for my game, i will be playing. On a month to month baisis. My time is as valuable as the next guys. I have my opinion on this matter and I will state it, reguardless on weather you agree or not. I believe one free day isn't that much to ask for after the loss of one day given. Disagree if you must but it doesn't change my view or opinion.
That's the point.

You said it yourself: "if i could afford a lifetime subsciption, i wouldnt give two hoots about it because then I could play whenever and make up for the downtime myself."

You are not paying for this time, so there is nothing to "make up".

I don't have a lifetime subscription, and I'll be paying month to month as well. Like i said in my original post, if this was subscription time, I would agree with you. But it's not.

If this is still going on after Tuesday, then I'll be right there with you asking for a free day.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-30-2010, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raath View Post
That's the point.

You said it yourself: "if i could afford a lifetime subsciption, i wouldnt give two hoots about it because then I could play whenever and make up for the downtime myself."

You are not paying for this time, so there is nothing to "make up".

I don't have a lifetime subscription, and I'll be paying month to month as well. Like i said in my original post, if this was subscription time, I would agree with you. But it's not.

If this is still going on after Tuesday, then I'll be right there with you asking for a free day.
technically no, I did pay for it. I purchased a pre-order. It may be a "perk" of that pre-order, but none the less I did pay for it.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-30-2010, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madjik View Post
technically no, I did pay for it. I purchased a pre-order. It may be a "perk" of that pre-order, but none the less I did pay for it.
Technically no, you preordered a retail box of a game that includes the first month free. You don't pay to play the game until the first billing cycle. Your money only purchased a retail key and box (if its retail boxed), but not access. That is granted free until the first billing cycle.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-30-2010, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Sinner
Technically no, you preordered a retail box of a game that includes the first month free. You don't pay to play the game until the first billing cycle. Your money only purchased a retail key and box (if its retail boxed), but not access. That is granted free until the first billing cycle.
Then we will just have to agree to disagree here. I put money down on this game reguardless of how you cut the pie. My money also "includes" a ship and extra days. Either way you slice it I paid for the package.

Headstart and constitution are part of the package I paid for.

A part of that package has gone mssing either way.

Doesn't matter if you disagree. My opinion is as valid as yours.

Because it's an opinion.

I'm not expecting anyone to accept it.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-30-2010, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Archer
I would settle on a "we are sorry, here is a special gift" item. (weapon, ship, etc etc).
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Archer
These problems should have been fixed in open beta, thats what its for. Head Start is a reward for ordering early, not for stress testing your servers.
ROTFLMAO!

My friend, I am not laughing at you but rather the imagery in my mind of a round table meeting at Cryptic
where they talk about how nice it is to finally start getting paid despite not having completed the work.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-30-2010, 10:46 PM
Honsetly I do not understand this. Servers go down, especially in MMO's, especially in their early life. It has happened in every MMO. Every. Single. One. There is no magic formula, there is no "well since mmos have been around for a long time they shouldn't have these issues at launch anymore" This is the way it works. End of story. Seriously you guys, can you grow up a little and stop with the "Servers down I hate Cryptic they should give me free stuff/special stuff/increased stuff/cause the servers are down when I want to play" posts already?
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-30-2010, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knotoc View Post
Honsetly I do not understand this. Servers go down, especially in MMO's, especially in their early life. It has happened in every MMO. Every. Single. One. There is no magic formula, there is no "well since mmos have been around for a long time they shouldn't have these issues at launch anymore" This is the way it works. End of story. Seriously you guys, can you grow up a little and stop with the "Servers down I hate Cryptic they should give me free stuff/special stuff/increased stuff/cause the servers are down when I want to play" posts already?
What century is this? If I can order servers from DELL and have them at my house in 12 days, then what's
Cryptics excuse? If the technological means is there, the infrastructure is there and the people capable
of doing the needed work, what is the excuse? Pure and simple ---- greed. You may accept that as
the norm, I and others do not. Since it isn't a lack of available hardware or code and the only explanation left is greed, I see no reason to let them off the hook.