Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 05:27 PM
whatever, but ya'all get my point. My point is that if they don't have this fixed next week on the second, there's going to be come serious problems.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoThic_TrEkkiE
Ok, it's no longer closed beta...it's no longer open beta...it's head start!

The deal was that if i pre-order STO that i get a few days head start! Well, lo and behold i DO have a head start..."QQ"

"QQ" ...not "QQ" and i sure as hell QQ'd

...So QQ!?

Devs, don't give me this "QQ"...you had all of closed AND open beta to do this.

Since i've already QQ'd...AND i''ve been waiting for this game to come out for the better part of the decade, I'm sticking with it to the bitter end.

...QQ!

Ok, my QQ'ing is over. Send the waambulance.

Good luck on making this game playable, Cryptic. The game still looks great so far, despite all the bull****.

Really? You must not play many MMOs at launch, do you? I challenge anyone to remember the specifics of Launch day on games like WoW, Guild Wars, ***, PotBS, and CO.

It's not like this is the first game ever to use 1 server for the whole game; but there is an unprecedented number of people trying to get into it, despite what initial predictions were.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 05:29 PM
Quote:
whatever, but ya'all get my point. My point is that if they don't have this fixed next week on the second, there's going to be come serious problems.
Oh please....do tell
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Wait.... so now you DON'T want what you paid for? I'm confused.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2010, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by entrailsgalore View Post
Please read the Terms of Service. You are getting what you paid for on Feb 2nd.
Do you really think the state of the game is going to be any better in 2 days then it is right now?

This is the typical excuse for the devs that i saw through my entire run in open beta....Its beta what do you expect?

Well in beta i expected the errors to be getting attention. By this point, i expect some bugs, but not bugs that make the game completely almost unplayable.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-30-2010, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jollyrogers
Just curious.... what dollar amount more did you pay, as opposed to someone getting the exact same product you did, on Feb 2nd?
A preorder is more or less an advance to the game company - you're giving them money well before you'll be seeing a product or service in return.

Someone who orders on the day of launch hasn't given them an interest-free loan weeks or months ago.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-30-2010, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagardon_Kahn

Really? You must not play many MMOs at launch, do you? I challenge anyone to remember the specifics of Launch day on games like WoW, Guild Wars, ***, PotBS, and CO.

It's not like this is the first game ever to use 1 server for the whole game; but there is an unprecedented number of people trying to get into it, despite what initial predictions were.
oh yeah, i agree with you 100%

Which is another reason why i'm sticking it out to the bitter end.

And at the end of my post i also called it ranting/flaming so it's obvious i'm just royaly ticked off at this. I'm not asking to be compensated because until Feb 2nd there's nothing to compensate yet. But like the other guy that replies to this thread here: it's more like STAR TREK OFFLINE for the moment, ROFL.

I've heard rumors that Age of Conan was worse, though...probably is true.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-30-2010, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Tbh at my 1st mmo release I was also complaining such as you are now,many,many mmo releases later I just light up a ciggie now and open a bottle of beer.

This is pretty much normal,infact this has been better than quite a few mmo releases,the only 1 that springs to mind that released well was LoTRO,in the last 8 years I can not think of another,although I could name at least 5 or 6 that released even worse than this 1.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-30-2010, 05:37 PM
Quote:

And at the end of my post i also called it ranting/flaming so it's obvious i'm just royaly ticked off at this. I'm not asking to be compensated because until Feb 2nd there's nothing to compensate yet. But like the other guy that replies to this thread here: it's more like STAR TREK OFFLINE for the moment, ROFL.

Fair enough. Actually I'm about as equally frustrated as you are about not being able to really take any sort of advantage of the "head start" with the time that's actually available to me - especially with us being snowed in down here in VA (which means I don't have to play navy this weekend).

However, experience with past MMOs helps me to understand the pitfalls of a game as underestimated as STO on launch day. Make no mistake, this game's going to be huge, especially when the initial bugs and server problems are squashed.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-30-2010, 05:37 PM
Quote:

I beta tested *** AND played through their head start and launch. It was A LOT worse than STO. ANd SWG was even worse than ***. This really isn't bad, people just like to complain when they don't get EXACTLY what they want. I would have thought Star Trek fans to be more logical and rational thinkers, so far only half of us appear to be that way!