Lt. Commander
# 1 Point of Head Start?
01-30-2010, 05:25 PM
I have to ask this? What's the point of having pre-ordered STO? You get some exclusive stuff and a 4 day head start. But wait ... there's more! Turns out, you can't even use the exclusive costumes, titles, pets abilities, ... until the actual general launch! But then again, what does it all matter anyway? Not like we're actually able to play the game at this moment, we're halfway through the head start, and I got about 2 hours of game time in there.
I can't surely be the only one feeling a bit ripped off? I'm sorry Cryptic, but I've lost my confidence in this game a bit. Even the Open Beta was more stable and playable than what we have now. Honestly, I would like to see some reaction from Cryptic for the sorry state this game is at the moment. You know, when Blizzard messed up a server and rendered it unplayable, they gave players free game time for the inconvenience. Is Cryptic going to offer us some kind of compensation, or is this just the beginning of them literally tossing our money out the window?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 05:26 PM
I normally don't support rants, but we went out of our way to order the game early because we were excited to PLAY THE GAME. To not be able to play during the headstart is just ridiculous.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 05:27 PM
Dont even try man, i tryed this earlyer and got flamed to death by fan boys or lifers who already got there shiny toys.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 05:28 PM
I got in a good six hours yesterday.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 05:30 PM
Launch date is Feburary 2nd 2010. On that date you will be able to use your in game pre order and exclusive items. Head start gives you early access to the game. Head start is not early launch. Launch date is STILL February 2nd 2010.

Headstart is pretty much just log in, create your character, reserve your character name and ship name, and start leveling.... that's about it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by entrailsgalore View Post
reserve your character name and ship name
Character and ship names aren't unique.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 05:36 PM
I've put in quite a bit of play time (just over 12 hours), but I definitely agree that not having access to the exclusive extras is a bit dumb. We will basically have to start a second character at this point.
I'm okay with that, but not happy with it.
Would have been nice to have the option to say "transfer your conciseness in to a new body", or something of that sort.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opposite
I normally don't support rants, but we went out of our way to order the game early because we were excited to PLAY THE GAME. To not be able to play during the headstart is just ridiculous.
Oh but I said the same thing about "guaranteed STO closed beta access" which is why I bought a 6mo CO sub. and when the time came for closed beta to start they told us that we had to wait because they were letting people who did not pay and just signed up on the website come in first. Talk about a kick in the teeth. That experience taught me to expect little from Cryptic and believe nothing they say. Case in point
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragerx
Oh but I said the same thing about "guaranteed STO closed beta access" which is why I bought a 6mo CO sub. and when the time came for closed beta to start they told us that we had to wait because they were letting people who did not pay and just signed up on the website come in first. Talk about a kick in the teeth. That experience taught me to expect little from Cryptic and believe nothing they say. Case in point
If you expect little from Cryptic, why are you still here?
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by entrailsgalore View Post
If you expect little from Cryptic, why are you still here?
"expecting little" and "playing the game" are 2 different things are they not? The game isnt unplayable just pretty rough. To tell you the truth it is pretty much unchanged from Closed Beta aside from Graphics and bug fixes. Most of the other elements havent changed