Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragerx
"expecting little" and "playing the game" are 2 different things are they not? The game isnt unplayable just pretty rough. To tell you the truth it is pretty much unchanged from Closed Beta aside from Graphics and bug fixes. Most of the other elements havent changed
If you expect little from Cryptic, then you should not be surprised when things go wrong. Also, If you are unhappy, no one is forcing you to stay, either here on the forums or in game. It seems you just want to complain rather than find a solution.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragerx
"expecting little" and "playing the game" are 2 different things are they not? The game isnt unplayable just pretty rough. To tell you the truth it is pretty much unchanged from Closed Beta aside from Graphics and bug fixes. Most of the other elements havent changed
You sound like the same people who haven't minded SOE screwing them over for six years of them trashing SWG and shutting down MxO.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by entrailsgalore View Post
Launch date is Feburary 2nd 2010. On that date you will be able to use your in game pre order and exclusive items. Head start gives you early access to the game. Head start is not early launch. Launch date is STILL February 2nd 2010.

Headstart is pretty much just log in, create your character, reserve your character name and ship name, and start leveling.... that's about it.
There you said it, you start leveling, but then what's the point of giving us a skill point bonus when finishing the tutorial? So that we may level up future characters a bit quicker? I get your point, I really do, but you have to agree, getting a 4 day head start is a bit silly, when you have to recreate your character to benefit from the bonuses we're supposed to get, isn't it?
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 05:54 PM
Quote:
If you expect little from Cryptic, then you should not be surprised when things go wrong. Also, If you are unhappy, no one is forcing you to stay, either here on the forums or in game. It seems you just want to complain rather than find a solution.
We are the customers, it is not our job to find a solution, that is Cryptic's job, that's what we pay them for. By expressing our concerns, we would like to make clear to them that if they like to get paid some more, they better get their act together.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2010, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theonus View Post
There you said it, you start leveling, but then what's the point of giving us a skill point bonus when finishing the tutorial? So that we may level up future characters a bit quicker? I get your point, I really do, but you have to agree, getting a 4 day head start is a bit silly, when you have to recreate your character to benefit from the bonuses we're supposed to get, isn't it?
I don't have to re create anything. But to those who do, it is your choice to create a character, or wait till launch. Cryptic never said you HAD to play during the head start period.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-30-2010, 06:01 PM
Quote:
We are the customers, it is not our job to find a solution, that is Cryptic's job, that's what we pay them for. By expressing our concerns, we would like to make clear to them that if they like to get paid some more, they better get their act together.
Cryptic owes you nothing other than the game discs and the box that the game discs come in. Or if you got it digitally, they owe you a link where you can re download the game. You really should read EULA and TOS for games you play, before you click the " I Agree" button.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-30-2010, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Cryptic owes you nothing other than the game discs and the box that the game discs come in. Or if you got it digitally, they owe you a link where you can re download the game. You really should read EULA and TOS for games you play, before you click the " I Agree" button.
Again, you miss the point entirely. I know very well Crytpic "owes" me nothing, I never said they do. I just made it clear that if they want me to keep paying for this game, they had better shown me it's worth the while before my free month runs out.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-30-2010, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Again, you miss the point entirely. I know very well Crytpic "owes" me nothing, I never said they do. I just made it clear that if they want me to keep paying for this game, they had better shown me it's worth the while before my free month runs out.
Well I highly doubt they are going to adhere to your demands, but I presume that they will get the game up and running as soon as they can though.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-30-2010, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Well I highly doubt they are going to adhere to your demands, but I presume that they will get the game up and running as soon as they can though.
Well, I wouldn't expect them to if I were the only one, but if you read some of the rest of the threads, it's safe to assume a large number of players feel the same way. I know there will always be people on both sides of the arguement, and I do really hope they can get this server instability sorted. I'm not here ranting just for the sake of ranting, I'm here ranting cause I can't play the game due to it being stuck of retrieving list of characters.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-30-2010, 06:25 PM
The point of head start is to stabilize the servers for launch day. The bonus is for Cryptic, not us. Duh. I knew this going in, why is everyone so oblivious as to think pre-order bonuses are for our benefit?