Lt. Commander
# 1 Klingons too powerful in PVP?
01-30-2010, 05:26 PM
Klingons begin at level 6 with a fully geared out BoP - all Mk2 gear whereas their Federation counterparts have perhaps at best a piece of Mk2, some Mk1, and likely 1/2 "common." This of course differs from player to player based on drops and quests taken, but overall Klingon ships start out much better than Federation cruisers at the same level.

Klingon BoPs should begin with Mk1 gear and then have to use their PVP badges to get Mk2.

Also BoP shieds seem to be too strong. <My experience only> I was in a match where 5 federation cruisers were beating on 1 BoP. He survived long enough for his friends to come and the Federation ships lost. Now... sorry, but 5 v 1 anyone should die, let alone a "soft" BoP.

It seems like federation weapons don't knock out Klingon ship shields unless it's like 6 on 1, but you even have one or two BoPs on you as a Federation cruiser and, well, BYE!

Just my experience. I already don't expect the Klingons to agree, but it's just what I've seen.

Now ground I think is pretty legit. The bat'leths I'm iffy on since Federation doesn't have a melee weapon until later on, BUT over all the gear I find is the same and it comes down to tactics...

I just dont think being able to cloak and THEN being able to go toe to toe with a cruiser that CANT cloak is fair.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 05:34 PM
I'm actually fine with it, and I'm a FED. I like a challenge. Sure I get my ass handed to me a few times, but I give just as well as I can take it.

Let'em have better weapons. They will need it.

OH and uhhh, invest in Mask Energy Signature.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 05:36 PM
Klingons, a race that is focused on PvP, is stronger than the Federation in PvP?

Whodathoughtit?
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 05:36 PM
OP, wait until you have good gear. Klingons don't have PvE drops or quest rewards, so stop QQing.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethzero View Post
Klingons, a race that is focused on PvP, is stronger than the Federation in PvP?

Whodathoughtit?
Focused doesn't equal better.

Whodathoughtit?
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidethfreak View Post
OP, wait until you have good gear. Klingons don't have PvE drops or quest rewards, so stop QQing.
I'd love some Mk2 candy to be given to me. And "wait" ? Yes, because balance should always be decided on "waiting."

Thank God you aren't making this game, it'd suck just like your avatar.
Lt. Commander
# 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnality
Klingons begin at level 6 with a fully geared out BoP - all Mk2 gear whereas their Federation counterparts have perhaps at best a piece of Mk2, some Mk1, and likely 1/2 "common." This of course differs from player to player based on drops and quests taken, but overall Klingon ships start out much better than Federation cruisers at the same level.

Klingon BoPs should begin with Mk1 gear and then have to use their PVP badges to get Mk2.

Also BoP shieds seem to be too strong. <My experience only> I was in a match where 5 federation cruisers were beating on 1 BoP. He survived long enough for his friends to come and the Federation ships lost. Now... sorry, but 5 v 1 anyone should die, let alone a "soft" BoP.

It seems like federation weapons don't knock out Klingon ship shields unless it's like 6 on 1, but you even have one or two BoPs on you as a Federation cruiser and, well, BYE!

Just my experience. I already don't expect the Klingons to agree, but it's just what I've seen.

Now ground I think is pretty legit. The bat'leths I'm iffy on since Federation doesn't have a melee weapon until later on, BUT over all the gear I find is the same and it comes down to tactics...

I just dont think being able to cloak and THEN being able to go toe to toe with a cruiser that CANT cloak is fair.

One reason Klingons start out at Level 6 (well the only reason) is because their focus is on PVP. Can't expect a Klingon to start at level 1 and try and advance in PVP.

As for a fitting BoP decent gear? Again, they are PVP focus'd and their PVE content is well, lacking. At least Fed's can go out and get what they need,as they get the rewards and drops.

I think it's fair as is, I'm a Fed now - will go Klingon soon.

Now, as for the shield issue. Not sure about that. Seems odd that a single BoP can withstand 5 Fed cruisers - but then, Im not familiar with Klingons 100% yet.
Lt. Commander
# 8
In beta the feds mostly kicked the Klingons around really badly, precisely because they had better gear, since the Klingons have *no* PvE through which to get gear and upgrades. This fix is a bit of a temporary one until content can be added that gives the Klingons an ability to improve gear and so on more easily.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 05:42 PM
They can easily continue playing their Fed toon for loots, and mail them to their Klingon...

Not that they should have to, but it's reasonably painless.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 05:43 PM
the Klingons didn't stand a chance in the PvP in open beta, at least up to teir 2. I can't see how the change of starting equipment would help them all that much.

I haven't started PvPing yet so I can't say for sure, but the throw away character I made in order to unlock klingon until I can use my connie has some nice equipment on their ship and I wasn't even playing it serious.