Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corbaer
They can easily continue playing their Fed toon for loots, and mail them to their Klingon...

Not that they should have to, but it's reasonably painless.
ROFL is this true?
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnality
I'd love some Mk2 candy to be given to me. And "wait" ? Yes, because balance should always be decided on "waiting."

Thank God you aren't making this game, it'd suck just like your avatar.
Well, how would you balance it then? Since the Klingon players don't get a lot of Energy, there are almost no drops to speak of - of anything, not just gear - and there are not enough PvE quests for quest rewards, what would you do to balance it NOW, without nerfing the Klingons in Tier 1 to uselessness? The fact is, this was figured out in Open Beta to be the most fair, as it stands right now.

Stop QQing.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 05:46 PM
Quote:
[whereas their Federation counterparts have perhaps at best a piece of Mk2, some Mk1, and likely 1/2 "common."[/b]
Speak for yourself I have all greens and blues on my Fed. L2Fleet Action.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 05:47 PM
Klingons are fine you just need to learn how to controll your starship and it's abilitys. Plus you can get T2 components for your miranda you just cant be cheap when doing it and spend some credits.
Lt. Commander
# 15
Quote:
I'd love some Mk2 candy to be given to me. And "wait" ? Yes, because balance should always be decided on "waiting."

Thank God you aren't making this game, it'd suck just like your avatar.
So what you're saying is you didn't explore the Delta Volanis Cluster or fight at SB 24? Even in my Miranda at level 5 I can still rank in the top 6 and get a piece of gear there. Delta Volanis even with the time between getting the missions it's like 10 sets and you're more geared than any klingon can hope to be by PvP alone.
Lt. Commander
# 16
Equal equipment, and the fed's actually have a slight advantage, unless the Klingons work together fluidly, then the Klingons have a slight advantage. However, if the feds work together, than the Kling's and Fed's are evenly matched.

Quit whining. The stuff that the Klingons get at the start isn't great. It's barely adequate. Keep in mind that 3 months from now, you'll be on equal playing field with everyone else, but people just starting Klingon will be forced to PvP to advance, and they'll be forced to do so with barely adequate equipment.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-30-2010, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhawk21 View Post
Speak for yourself I have all greens and blues on my Fed. L2Fleet Action.
yeah I'm not sure what he was doing, like I said I made a throw away character as I'm going to remake my fed after launch for the preorder.

And I have mostly MK II stuff half of which is uncommon and I wasn't even trying.

The klingon stuff is just normal MK II stuff.

just wait till he PvP's the teir 2 BoPs with battle cloak, I'm sure he will cry about that to
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-30-2010, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrem View Post
yeah I'm not sure what he was doing
It wasn't what I was doing, it was what I saw over all.

Maybe it truly is a lack of gear. Newbie federation players at level 6 rush to 6 then PVP and face Mk2 BoPs - perhaps that is it and hopefully it'll balance out later on in levels.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-30-2010, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrem View Post
yeah I'm not sure what he was doing, like I said I made a throw away character as I'm going to remake my fed after launch for the preorder.

And I have mostly MK II stuff half of which is uncommon and I wasn't even trying.

The klingon stuff is just normal MK II stuff.

just wait till he PvP's the teir 2 BoPs with battle cloak, I'm sure he will cry about that to
Yeah I don't know what the OP is talking about at all here is my list for my Rank 6 Lt. Miranda.

Green MK II Phaser Banks (Exploration Badges)
Blue MK II Quantum Torpedos (SB 24 Fleet Action)
Blue MK II Deflector Array (SB 24 Fleet Action)
Green MK II Phaser Turret (Exploration Badges)
Green Engineering Shield Recharge Mod MK II (Fleet Action drop)
Blue Science Mod Tractor Beam boost MK II (Fleet Action)
White Tactical Quantum Warhead boost mod MK II (Fleet Action Drop)

Edit: I forgot Green Regen Shields MK II (Mission Reward)
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-30-2010, 06:00 PM
see I leveled up mostly in starbase 24 and the roaming encounter missions as to me they seem like the fastest ways and gives you nice equipment.

But I guess it all would be the luck of the draw as far as equipment. All I know is in open beta klingons got spanked hard 99% of the time.