Lieutenant
so can anyone help me out why the reward for finishing the first tier of the new rep is a universal console that increases PROTON damage when there are no PROTON weapons in the game? Makes no sense
Empire Veteran
# 2
11-14-2013, 06:30 PM
There are there's the protonic polaron weapons.
The Emperor

Do not presume to have the capability to understand me for you see, I simply am.
Captain
# 3
11-14-2013, 06:37 PM
Fleet ap, voth lock box ap, voth rep ap, sphere of influence ap, dilith store ap, as for crafted weapons not really sure of this but may also have ap. What more do you need?
[Combat (Self)] Your Lunge deals 3252 (1916) Physical Damage(Critical) to Heavy Tactical Drone.
If you have come to the forums, to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of The Romulan Tal Shiar fleet
Lieutenant
# 4
11-14-2013, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwraith77 View Post
Fleet ap, voth lock box ap, voth rep ap, sphere of influence ap, dilith store ap, as for crafted weapons not really sure of this but may also have ap. What more do you need?

So Proton enhances ANTIproton?

That seems backwards...sounds like saying hot is the same as cold.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-14-2013, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by westx211 View Post
There are there's the protonic POLARON weapons.
Those are polaron damage based. The proc on them is proton damage I believe...Not enough damage to justify using a console slot IMO.
Empire Veteran
# 6
11-14-2013, 06:43 PM
It enhances the proc that's all.
The Emperor

Do not presume to have the capability to understand me for you see, I simply am.
Captain
# 7
11-14-2013, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedigger View Post
so can anyone help me out why the reward for finishing the first tier of the new rep is a universal console that increases PROTON damage when there are no PROTON weapons in the game? Makes no sense
Hint: browse ahead toward other parts of the set in T3 or T4 (T2 is the gravimentic photon torpedo).

And even if the experimental weapon is not proton damage than there's proton damage from various consoles.
Captain
# 8
11-14-2013, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fidelstix View Post
So Proton enhances ANTIproton?

That seems backwards...sounds like saying hot is the same as cold.
Despite what a weapons name implies always look in the description for the exact dmg type it inflicts to better understand what is needed. With a name like protonic polaron odds are it is either going to do antiproton or polaron dmg, but there is that 1% instance of a unique or exotic dmg types.
[Combat (Self)] Your Lunge deals 3252 (1916) Physical Damage(Critical) to Heavy Tactical Drone.
If you have come to the forums, to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of The Romulan Tal Shiar fleet
Ensign
# 9
11-14-2013, 06:58 PM
I noticed that myself; the Voth beams look like the current AP one but the text all states proton everywhere.

So the question still stands, will it improve the current AP weapons or not?
Captain
# 10
11-14-2013, 07:20 PM
Proton and Anti-Proton are two difference damage types. So Proton consoles will not increase anti-proton damage. the Proton Consoles are meant to increase the Proton damage proc of the Polaron Protonic Rep weapons and the Experimental Proton Weapon from the Weapon set.