Lt. Commander
# 1 Hunting the Hunters question
11-05-2010, 09:20 AM
I've just got to the Survive Tests part of the Hunting the Hunted mission, and now not only are my away team separated from me, I have to tackle the aliens solo which my captain easily gets her head handed to them, if you know what I mean. My current level is Commander Grade 2 and almost to Grade 3. Should I level up a few grades before attempting to give that part of the mission another try, or should I go ahead and tackle it already.

Thanks in advance.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-05-2010, 12:08 PM
There's a bug in that missions that seperates your crew from the captain. If you're on normal play level you can usually defeat the Hirogen by yourself (really depends on build, though). After you get al the barriers down your crew will join with you. You can also go back out and broadcast for someone to help you with the mission if you can't beat it yourself. Other then that you can grind some more levels or wait for the bug to get fixed - but it's been broken for some time.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-06-2010, 03:05 PM
I noticed that today. But i was still doable. I just pretended it was like an old Trek episode where the captain has to fight for his life while the crew tries to save him. When I got the forcefields down I imagined my crew saying "Captain! We were so worried! How did you get the shield down? Are you ok?"

"Its just a scratch, commander....come on...we've still got to save those diplomats!"
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-06-2010, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shizaru
I noticed that today. But i was still doable. I just pretended it was like an old Trek episode where the captain has to fight for his life while the crew tries to save him. When I got the forcefields down I imagined my crew saying "Captain! We were so worried! How did you get the shield down? Are you ok?"

"Its just a scratch, commander....come on...we've still got to save those diplomats!"
That was my theory as well. Plus, it shows your BOFS that you can fight just as well as they can, and that you aren't going to order them to do something that you can't do yourself. It's a good morale builder for your crew. They see you as a competent leader, and therefore will follow you anywhere.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-06-2010, 04:00 PM
I've always assumed that part of the reason why your BOs aren't as aggressive as you are is to showcase that you are the captain and star of the "show."
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-07-2010, 03:48 AM
I dunno....my BOs actually defeated all of the hirogen without me while the field was up. When I got free to talk to the diplomat guy there were a bunch of glowing orange balls all over the landscape.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-07-2010, 03:21 PM
Worked out a temporary solution for this not too long ago: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...=146449&page=2