Career Officer
# 11
11-18-2013, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordar01 View Post
Whatever the next fleet update is it should include a fleet sponsorship project ....
I like the idea of a fleet sponsorship token that would work similar to the new reputation sponsorship tokens. This would be a real help to smaller fleets. I know in our case, it's been difficult to keep earning fleet credits. We've had to start a couple of splinter fleets so our alts have an opportunity to earn credit.
Captain
# 12 Fleet Mirror Ships
11-25-2013, 01:06 PM

Last edited by orangeitis; 11-25-2013 at 01:20 PM.
Career Officer
# 13
11-25-2013, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeitis View Post
The mirror universe. We've not done much in it. The incursion to use to get skill points. A few episode missions here and there. A sector space encounter. That's about it. But why not a fleet holding?

The fleet holding exclusive items are easy to do. Terran empire and Klingon/Cardassian alliance DOFFs. New mirror costume unlocks(cause let's face it, the only mirror costume parts available are Fed-only, and 200-300 years out-of-date). Hell, we could even get fleet-tier mirror ships.

No idea where it would be located though, aside of course from in the mirror universe itself.

What does everyone else think?
I'm down with this, so long as we get a Mirror Tor'khat. This way, I can finally have the AKS tu'Bat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
Would you rather that we had you press buttons on some console for 40 levels, serving as an ensign/lt on someone else's ship?

This is a game, people who play a Star Trek game want to be the Captain. While the justification for it in game may be weak, who cares? You get to fly your own ship.
Career Officer
# 14
11-25-2013, 01:13 PM
I'd rather see something like a colony or trading post that utilizes GPL more as a currency. Introduce more ways to obtain and spend GPL. Maybe even dive a bit into the black markets of the galaxy for more unique items, particulalry space and ground devices.
@HyperLimited
Captain
# 15
11-25-2013, 01:16 PM
Yeesh - bad ideas.

Mirror Fleet ships - yes IF they are only available to fleet members. The whole value of fleet ships is that they are hard to get, and have to be worked for.

Fleet Sponsorship Tokens - hell no. Working to build your fleet takes effort. Giving smaller fleets a pass isnt' fair to those of us who've worked HARD to achieve them.

How about:
  1. Personal Fleet Holdings: Apartments, storage facilities (bank extensions), more trading slots on the exchange.
  2. Kit Manufacturer: Customs kits, 5 slots
  3. Weapons Research Lab: Customize existing weapons, 10% increase, color and effect control
  4. FM Converter: Convert fleet marks to credits at a reduced rate

My two bits
HAIL HYDRA! Kirk's Protege 10/26/13 http://www.dtfleet.com
Captain
# 16
11-25-2013, 01:29 PM
The next fleet holding should be The Mudd Consortium Unclaimed Lockbox Emporium.

Millions of unopened lock boxes exist in the galaxy. Completion of this fleet project opens access all those amazing ships, packs, doffs, consumables, holo novels, Tal Shiar codes, doff packs, Tuffli's, D'Kora's, Suliban Cell ships, Jem Bug ships, etc you can no longer get and we only have to buy in and buy them.
Just say no to ARC
Commander
# 17
11-25-2013, 01:29 PM
I can't find it but I made a thread about kind of the same thing. Klingon/Cardassian alliance mini faction with a MU outpost as the next holding.

I like the idea
Career Officer
# 18
11-30-2013, 05:16 AM
What if instead of being a construction project, it was an infiltration holding.

You beam to the MU version of your Fleet Starbase and, through projects, slowly take control.
Captain
# 19
11-30-2013, 06:47 AM
From a "lore" perspective, I don't like the idea.
Don't get me wrong. Mirror Universe is fun and I would like the storyline to be expanded - but let's face it: if we get a Mirror Universe Fleet Holding, we will get a Mirror Universe Season, too.
And that means that we don't get something else - and there are many things more important at this point then the Mirror Universe.

Actually, I am already a bit afraid of our coming excursion to the Delta Quadrant.
The known space it at all out war at how many fronts now? 9? 10? I lost count.
Now we are randomly expanding into a Dyson Sphere (a construct which equals all worlds of the Federation, Romulans and Klingons combined... and then multiplied a few hundred thousand times. It's really that big.
Okay, okay, Omega. I got that.
But... seriously, the Federation, Klingons and Romulans are stretched thin to no end.
Next comes the DQ proper... and then we should expand military operations into a different universe??

Star Trek needs a lot suspension of disbelief.
I just made my peace with the dinosaurs... but hell... it's only going that far.
Commander
# 20
11-30-2013, 08:54 AM
I would much rather that they brought in a liberated Borg faction with the story behind the TNG episode that introduced Hugh. And possibly if they could manage it get Jeri Ryan to do some VO and bring her character Seven of Nine to STO. That would be far more awesome...