Ensign
# 11
11-15-2013, 04:03 AM
As I stated my only true issues with aux2bat is the rsp cooldown. If I have to read in kerrat one more time "took 4 of you to kill me", I will turn a phaser on myself. And that goes for both kdf and fed. Its like yea no s#&$ , you have only 30 seconds between rsp3.....ya doofus.
Captain
# 12
11-15-2013, 04:06 AM
having all powers on global cd ...yea thats totally legit
Captain
# 13
11-15-2013, 04:40 AM
If Cryptic had given us more routes to victory than just "shoot it until it dies", people might not automatically gravitate to the build that makes stuff die fastest. We might get more variety like, "my build kills all your crew through your shields for an immobilization kill", or "my build reverses the polarity on your reactor" or whatever.

There are more builds possible, but a lot of them aren't much use in PVE or of limited use in PVP and require more thought than a pure DPS build. In a mixed PVE/PVP environment like Ker'rat? Forget it.
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Republic Veteran
# 14
11-15-2013, 05:54 AM
To fix PVP it needs its own rules and skill tree.

Our fleet has even talked about a basic PVP Q.

No DOFFS, NO UNI Console, just your ship and your piloting skills.

Keep PVE out of PVP
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-15-2013, 06:00 AM
Aux 2 Batt has another name... Eh Cheating...

You are basically messing with the global cooldowns of the game. Changing the game parameters rather then the parameters of what you already have in the game. That is called cheating and no amount of "its ok" from Cryptic while convince me otherwise.

Aux-2-Batt is simply to make up for the fact that most players lack the imagination to design their own builds and need something "cookie-cutter" that will make them feel somehow better. Its the same in EVERY MMO, everyone plays a Paladin the same way, builds it the same way and simply just become conformist drones.

I think when a duty officer add-on becomes the mainstay of an entire ship and build. You have ultimately failed Cryptic as game developers!

Oh and I tried it on my Galaxy, hated the way it basically took all the aux power out of my heals so they doffs when squarely in the bin. I don't need a tiny little extra DPS at the cost of loosing all my heals. I think the Devs should change RSP so it has a cooldown to link with aux-2-batt, that would make all the mix/max crusiers cry.
Commander
# 16
11-15-2013, 06:07 AM
Another thread about "aux 2 cheat?" I'm sure by this time Cryptic would fixed "Aux 2 zombie."
Like I said before "Aux 2 invincibility" should not exist. No one should be able to RSP with a 5 second cool down in between. Yes it can happen...

I would rather uninstall the game before using such a Peta'Q tactic. Yes, it is cheating.
QUEEN SCORA

Career Officer
# 17
11-15-2013, 06:07 AM
I don't use Aux2Bat, so clearly I must be out of my freakin' mind.
@HyperLimited
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-15-2013, 06:11 AM
There is a pretty easy solution... Take the technician doffs out of the game until a fix can be found. You know, like they did with Terradome. It will be back someday... right
Career Officer
# 19
11-15-2013, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybacon90 View Post
Should I also complain about the number of people who stack APA, APO, EptW, FOMM, BO3, EWO Doffs, DEM, CRF, Superior Operative, Superior Infilitrator, Decloak Ambush?
That would be me, but that setup does not equate to an automatic win. If we don't crit on that opening volley, we pretty much have to walk away from the fight due to A2B. This is one of the reasons Romulan Snipers prove to be more deadly than their Klingon counterpart.

I don't have a problem with the A2B guys. They are only dangerous in a group and that makes it a fun challenge. There is nothing like swooping in, getting that quick kill and swooping out before his friends have enough time to react.

RSP w/ Doff and A2B doesn't really matter, as their hull tends to fall out under their shields anyway.

The only A2B players that prove difficult to kill are the Engineers, but they don't hurt as much as say a Tact A2B or screw up your attack run like a Science A2B.
Republic Veteran
# 20
11-15-2013, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gstamo01 View Post
The only A2B players that prove difficult to kill are the Engineers, but they don't hurt as much as say a Tact A2B or screw up your attack run like a Science A2B.
And their difficulty to kill is inherent in the design of their class (RSF and MW w/ trait). So sounds like you have a much larger problem than with just A2B, because you would hate to come up against a dual A2SIF build.