Lt. Commander
lifetime subscription does preorder key expire

Ahoy! permission to come aboard Captain:

any one from cryptic or Atari out there?

Hi all, would anyone know if the lifetime sub option remains available after launch, as long as you have a preorder key, in other words if I where to buy more then one CE game in preorder status and use one to purchase lifetime sub but save the other, could I later after launch setup the other account and use the preorder key to buy another lifetime sub, since the the life sub option is based on preorder purchase and preorder key.?

I would like to buy several copys of CE as well as several DDE for my son and I but can only afford one life sub at this time.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 06:23 PM
later on you won't need the preorder key to purchase a life time sub. How they have it now it just another incentive to purchase the preorder. After launch, the lifetime sub will go up to $300 without any of the current bonuses.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGomez View Post
lifetime subscription does preorder key expire

Ahoy! permission to come aboard Captain:

any one from cryptic or Atari out there?

Hi all, would anyone know if the lifetime sub option remains available after launch, as long as you have a preorder key, in other words if I where to buy more then one CE game in preorder status and use one to purchase lifetime sub but save the other, could I later after launch setup the other account and use the preorder key to buy another lifetime sub, since the the life sub option is based on preorder purchase and preorder key.?

I would like to buy several copys of CE as well as several DDE for my son and I but can only afford one life sub at this time.
you have till feb 1st to go lifetime, im pretty sure the codes will expire
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summit View Post
later on you won't need the preorder key to purchase a life time sub. How they have it now it just another incentive to purchase the preorder. After launch, the lifetime sub will go up to $300 without any of the current bonuses.
um im pretty sure they are also limiting the amount of lifetime subs... im sure cryptic does not want everyone to go lifetime
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 06:26 PM
I'm going to say this:

1) If you pay for a lifetime sub before the time is over, then well there ya go

2) If you buy 10 copies of the pre-order, and 1 of them is a lifetime sub. Then on say Feb. 10th, 2010 when the game has started, you cannot convert one to a Lifetime Sub for the extra slots/etc. That would just be wrong.

That would mean that I could buy the game, get a pre-order key, then in like 6 months, login with the key to get all the stuff I should have only been able to get when I started playing before it went 'live'. Not really fair to the others. So I'm going to have to say no. But who knows, maybe they want to allow it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkmaster View Post
um im pretty sure they are also limiting the amount of lifetime subs... im sure cryptic does not want everyone to go lifetime
I have not heard this so I cannot confirm or deny
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 06:30 PM
Quote:
look at champions online, which they offered lifetime subs... guess what you cant buy lifetime subs anymore

and at one time before its official launch they for some time stopped allowing lifetime subs due to that they sold out... which suggest they were limiting the number of lifetime subs..
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 06:33 PM
Quote:
look at champions online, which they offered lifetime subs... guess what you cant buy lifetime subs anymore

and at one time before its official launch they for some time stopped allowing lifetime subs due to that they sold out... which suggest they were limiting the number of lifetime subs..
hmm, so I guess its more than likely that they will limit it, but would still wait for an official word
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 06:37 PM
Quote:
It says it in the fine print on the subscription sign up page. "while supplies last"
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 06:37 PM
Quote:
They've already announced the $299.99 Lifetime price is permanent after launch, so there shouldn't be any worry about supply.