Lt. Commander
You know how the little star trek icon by the posters name in the "last post" column takes you to the last reply in a thread. Please change this to take us instead to the Last UNREAD reply. Many forums have this feature and it is much easier to keep track of rather than having to wade through posts you may or may not have read trying to look for where you left off.

Or keep the "go to last post" and add a small icon on the right of the thread to take you to the "Latest UNREAD Reply." Of course, this means that it will be based off a user's persistent cookies, so those who sign in and out constantly would not be able to use this feature when starting a new session, but would be able to use it while their session was alive.

Thank you for your time.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-27-2010, 07:52 PM
Also, please consider allowing us to view more threads per page as well as more posts per page than what is currently allowed.

I'd say a good number for max shown posts per page would be around 100. A good number for how many threads max per page could be around the same. This would allow those who do not like clicking around so much an easier way to catch up on a thread that has fallen down the page quite a bit.

Some will argue that this is to keep server load low, however I feel this is on the contrary, for I am constantly going back and forth between pages, and every time I do, the whole site is reloaded with each page. So having more on one page would actually mean less loading.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-27-2010, 09:50 PM
If you click the little ^ icon next to the thread, it does this. There is also a "View first unread" link at the top of every page. Both of these are standard vB features.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-27-2010, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderanger
If you click the little ^ icon next to the thread, it does this. There is also a "View first unread" link at the top of every page. Both of these are standard vB features.
Wow, that little v escaped me! Thank you very much for pointing it out, this will help me immensely.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-28-2010, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Zebular
Also, please consider allowing us to view more threads per page as well as more posts per page than what is currently allowed.

I'd say a good number for max shown posts per page would be around 100. A good number for how many threads max per page could be around the same. This would allow those who do not like clicking around so much an easier way to catch up on a thread that has fallen down the page quite a bit.

Some will argue that this is to keep server load low, however I feel this is on the contrary, for I am constantly going back and forth between pages, and every time I do, the whole site is reloaded with each page. So having more on one page would actually mean less loading.
This is also available... check your User CP. I always hated the default 10 or so threads per page deal.. I usually set mine to 30 or so.

In the User CP, check under Edit Options
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-28-2010, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcivious
This is also available... check your User CP. I always hated the default 10 or so threads per page deal.. I usually set mine to 30 or so.

In the User CP, check under Edit Options
Yeah, I know, thank you though! I have had mine set to the maximum since before I even got into Open Beta. It just isn't enough.

Plus, there is no way to set how many Threads (not posts in a thread) show. New threads fall off the main way too quick it seems, so I am always loading more pages, eating up more bandwith than I would if I could have more threads display.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 05:46 PM
Ahh, looks to me like the Posts number that you can set also sets the Threads number. I guess 40 is the Max they will allow. I thought I remember seeing a specific setting for Thread, but I dunno... it could of been a different forum, or maybe an earlier version or something.