Commander
A curious question.

If i un-install the game and re-install it,will i lose all the work i have done,and have to start again????? any ideas anyone.
Commander
# 2
11-15-2013, 04:26 AM
No you won't loose anything, your characters will still be there the same as they always were.
Well I can't forget a face but I won't remember y'all.
Bleed Green and Gold
Career Officer
# 3
11-15-2013, 04:26 AM
no you will not lose stuff like you toon and so on only thing that might happen is setting go back to default
swimwear off risa not fixed
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Captain
# 4
11-15-2013, 06:26 AM
But you might have a different launcher set up , depending on when you initially came to the game .
(read : before Arc or after)

Unless you come via Steam .
"We're not mad at Angry Birds, and we're not trying to defend the universe from Angry Birds. Although you might want to consider defending yourself from Angry Birds. If you aren't paying for the app, you aren't a customer, you're the product ."

- former CIA, NSA chief Michael Hayden -- your guide to F2P ...
Career Officer
# 5
11-15-2013, 06:39 AM
recent blog states that with the new website coming that some features had to remain like accounts and various things they had. for the moment if you uninstall and reinstall all you need to do is update the game again and launch from the same account you had just before the uninstall.
T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW. Been around since Dec 2010 and LTS in Apr 2013.
Quote:
The highest possible stage in moral culture is when we recognize that we ought to control our thoughts.
- Charles Darwin.
Does he have a point on STO forums? makes you wonder, huh?
Career Officer
# 6
11-15-2013, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
no you will not lose stuff like you toon and so on only thing that might happen is setting go back to default
However, screenshots, and saved uniform configurations will be lost, as these are saved locally on your PC...
Career Officer
# 7
11-15-2013, 08:40 AM
With the exception of having to re-arrange your UI if you customized it, No, Nothing will change. All your captains, equipment and bank and inventory contents will be just as you left it. But as I stated the UI may reset, as the settings for your UI are in a folder.. and no I don't know which folder.
Vice Admiral Kheldryn B'ourne-United Federation of Planets-Engineer
"On my planet, we live underground. We're at home in space, Its dark. Let the darkness show us the way."
"I found a bug in Beta, Cryptic squished it. STO Founder and Proud LTS member."