Lt. Commander
Devs,

Please ignore the immature players who have a misguided feeling that they deserve EVERYTHING and ANYTHING that the world has to offer.

They don't seem to understand that all of you are just as human as we are. I know its weird but I do understand that you all are humans to.

I am a software developer by trade, and I understand that not every bug can be squashed in beta, and the bugs DO crop up after you enter the release stage.

I support this product, and all it stands for. Thank you for creating a game that I am enjoying. Please ignore the minority of players who feel like they should get everything perfect.

Sincerely,
Cprogrammer AKA Nut Custard

--------------

On a side note, I would like to invite all of you to join into this thread with your own letter of thanks to Cryptic for FINALLY creating Star Trek ONLINE! While not perfect, it is a GREAT start, and I for one enjoy it.

To those who do not enjoy this game, do us all a favor and FRACK OFF.

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 06:42 PM
hey dude is that chocholate on the tip of your nose?
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHand View Post
hey dude is that chocholate on the tip of your nose?
Learn how to spell Makes the attempted humor (insult) MUCH more effective.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 06:52 PM
*signs*

Keep up the hard work.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 07:02 PM
So far the last few months have been an incredible journey into the Universe of Star Trek. I've never really been a fan, only catching the odd episode here and there (though i have seen all the films), but slowly this is changing. It really is a fantastic franchaise and i'm very glad, having watched and read interviews, pod casts, and various other mediums, that Cryptic is taking us forward, and prehaps where no other MMO has gone before.

Sure there have been problems, to think or assume there wouldn't be is a little silly to say the least. But i'm glad i'm here from the start and Cryptic have my support ten fold. There have been so many magical moments so far in the Open Beta and now within the Head Start. Healing up a random friendly players ship to the sounds of "Thank You" after a close call was a great feeling, as was seeing so many diverse worlds on the ground and from space, literally flying around the entire planet was something i really didn't expect but couldn't do without now. The battles, the exploring, the fact that we are all on one server and there are so many names and ship types, from the funny to the serious. It really does feel like there is a purpose to what we are doing out there, and the list goes on. Yet there will be so much more to add to this as the days, months and hopefully years go on.

To Craig Zinkievich and the Team at Cryptic, thank you so much for all your hard work, especially considering the time frame you have had to deal with. I look forward to sharing this journey with you all. Keep up the hard work, ignore the pitchforks, and once again, thank you so much.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 07:16 PM
I hate the assumption that making a supportive thread like this only happens to suck up to the devs. It's not like that at all. Many of us wanna show our appreciation.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 07:28 PM
Keeping this at the top.

Love you devs.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerkuman View Post
I hate the assumption that making a supportive thread like this only happens to suck up to the devs. It's not like that at all. Many of us wanna show our appreciation.
Yeah no kidding. I honestly enjoy this game and would like to thank the Dev's since most people seam to do nothing but run this game down but you know I think the reason they do is because most of them never have played an MMO at release, they jump in to games like World Of ******** that has been up for a few years and don't have much downtime then jump to this game and expect it to be up all the time.

It's easy to tell the people that have actually played other MMO's at launch they are the ones supporting the game and being patient. The ones that haven't are sitting here running the game down, making threats and expect it to be up 100% of the time.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 08:05 PM
Come on guys. I know more people LOVE this game.

Keep posting.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cprogrammer View Post
Come on guys. I know more people LOVE this game.

Keep posting.
I don't know. For every "Thank you" or "Good Job" thread, 20 negative threads seam to appear sadly enough, but what I don't understand is do they just make those threads for attention because if they really hate the game this much, why would you spend hours waiting for it to come back up. Just found it a bit funny but who knows.