Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 08:12 PM
I never said I don't appreciate the work done. I just need the spelling and grammar in-game to reflect some level of professionalism.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spockjaw View Post
I never said I don't appreciate the work done. I just need the spelling and grammar in-game to reflect some level of professionalism.
It's not the Dev's fault that the people playing this game can't spell.......
Lt. Commander
# 13 Haven't experienced much yet
01-30-2010, 08:26 PM
I played a day and a half of open Beta and enjoyed what I saw though I seemed to have problems with movement in some places such as Sol Starbase and jumping back to where I had been previously. No idea why I was warping as I have a plenty well equipped machine. I assumed this would be fixed either by graphics changes (though I have a recent vintage GeForce) or software upgrade and so looked forward to joining the head start until my power went out the morning of the release. So I wish I had been able to play during this time.

I liked most of what I saw aside from the warping while on ground. I thought that was supposed to be a space feature of the game. (bad humor). And I will be playing once I get home from a 24 hour work shift I volunteered for when I learned my power was out in order to have a warm place to stay.

I love the idea of a Star Trek MMORPG. Hopefully the fleet I've joined is around somewhere. I don't expect everything to be perfect at launch, but I should say that I'm also not the sort to buy lengthy subscriptions to something I haven't seen much of. My expectations are more modest: game stability and relatively balanced play in which every skill or trait has some degree of utility by the second month or so.

I'm looking forward to playing in the Star Trek universe and hope gameplay will discourage min/max and the like. I loved how it was described when the game was in development that the best ship would not be so far above the second tier and that every person would be able to contribute in fleet actions. That's far from the concept of most online games and lends itself to casual play, to "experiencing" the game as a sort of theme park, and to roleplay.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 08:44 PM
hmmm get ur nose out the dirt boy!!

I do appreciate thier hard work but some bugs like people being crashed to desktop and missions being complete but not getting credit for and missions rewards being lost should have been fixed by now..
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2010, 09:31 PM
Keep the praise coming boys. Let the devs know we appreciate their work!
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-30-2010, 10:10 PM
I like this game.

I, personally, haven't come across any actual bugs since beta, beyond the server wheezing and choking. Should they resolve that, I'll be one happy camper. Maybe I'm lucky. Maybe it's karma paying me back for not whining about the little things in life. Who knows?

I certainly wouldn't have spent $240 on a lifetime sub and $60 on a deluxe edition if I didn't like this game. Nor would I have spent that much on something I wasn't pretty dang sure I'd enjoy for a good long time. I most definitely wouldn't waste my time posting on the forums of a game I didn't enjoy. Life's too short, and it has enough crap already to add more self-inflicted angst from a game of all things.

Considering the price of movie tickets where I live ($10), your average movie being around 2 hours (averaging out the shorter and longer ones), I figure I'll have beaten the price for movies if I get more than 60 hours of entertainment out of this game. As of this posting, I've gotten about 9 (excluding beta), so I'm almost 1/6th of the way there.

So...yeah, keep up the good work, devs. Sort out those server issues, and then plow on into getting us shiny new things to play with! /cheer!
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-30-2010, 10:14 PM
Bump............
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-30-2010, 10:59 PM
Lets keep this at the top. Everyone who loves the game post here!
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-31-2010, 08:33 AM
Bumping to the top again.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-31-2010, 09:05 AM
No offense to anyone. But I used to rip on devs left and right. But since the the UT III UDK became free and I have tried making games, I have learned to post constructively much like I do when I disagree in my professional life. Because making games is not that easy unless you make 20 million a month in subscription fees and have 600 staff members working on one game. And bugs do get through no matter what. What I want to see is Cyptic make a solid commitment to listening to its community like CCP has done. This starts from the upper management on down. This includes the publisher. The people who are the working bees work their ass off. And I am happy that it is not all done over seas. I can't wait to see some tax breaks get made for you guys. Keep up the hard work and fight for your integrity. It starts from the boards on up to your CEO and board members to communicate and effectively listen, then deploy. This is not an easy business. We want you to do good so we can feel proud of the game we choose, then we can give you more money.