Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corbaer
You can hotkey "closest enemy" and about 12 other targeting options. It's simple.
Hey he has never played an MMORPG before give him a break will ya? Did you know how to read a tape measure before someone showed you? There ya go!
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 07:40 PM
its the off camera feature thats killing me.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 07:41 PM
ive played wow, but thats now what this game's ground combat is trying to be. it feels like its trying to be almost a shooter, but not quite.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopherlee View Post
its the off camera feature thats killing me.
The Camera tends to focus on what ever you have targeted at the moment...try hitting TAB key ...
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2010, 07:47 PM
Quote:
ive played wow, but thats now what this game's ground combat is trying to be. it feels like its trying to be almost a shooter, but not quite.
Ok ... Well I was being sarcastic a bit and I must apologize. I can understand kinda what you mean. It's still nice to see people from other type of games willing to try new things. There is an Online game manual around here somewhere. Athough this is an MMO of sorts and even although a lot different from most of the others, some control aspects are still the same here. You played WOW and so try some of the same keys to do some of the same things here.
http://startrekonline.com/manual
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-30-2010, 09:57 PM
The camera works, as long as you dont do some crazy X-WING or Starfighter attack pattern. I rarely have problems with it. I treat myself like a 200 ton vessel and move like one and seem to have good camera angles on myself most of the time.

I forgot what other stuff you mentioned... however, what cryptic needs to fix is the NPCs attack AI. Make it harder and more difficult! PLEASE... ELSE I WILL MAKE A POST IN ALL CAPS!!!!

I am a LIFE TIME MEMBER... so DO IT :0
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-30-2010, 11:02 PM
It's strange, but I'm not having any camera control issues at all. For me, it seems to be behaving intuitively.

BTW:

Christopher Lee rocks.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-31-2010, 02:36 PM
i believe you missed the part where you have to have the guy on screen already for the tab to work.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-31-2010, 02:43 PM
Quote:
i believe you missed the part where you have to have the guy on screen already for the tab to work.
He probably didn't miss it. But you might have missed the targeting settings in 'Options'.

See, one of them determines whether tab can select offscreen enemies...by default, tab only selects stuff in your field of vision. But you can change that setting, and if you're finding the camera tricky, I suggest you do so.

EDIT: Unless you're talking about something else, in which case, my bad.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-31-2010, 03:10 PM
Personally, I kind of like the ground combat once I got the feel for it. Moving your crew around is simple: just give them a waypoint and when you no longer need them there right click the waypoint button and they'll follow you around again.

I'm really not interested in playing FPS games and I don't want them to turn this into one.....