Captain
# 11
11-17-2013, 10:18 PM
Takes more time to run than the old ones though. Could finish Omega rep in 18-or-so ISE runs. Romulan rep in 4 epohhs. Nukara rep as a side-effect of the CE event. The new one takes 40 commendations. Thats a much larger time sink. Personally, I'd rather deal with commodities and have more free time.

Plus I like Mk11 gear. 95% ability, half the cost.
Career Officer
# 12
11-17-2013, 11:13 PM
I like being able to run two 2500 rep projects at the same time before completing a tier and starting the next one! I'm actually two days ahead of schedule on my rep.

http://imageshack.us/a/img191/2263/wduz.png

#It'sJustaGameAndAFreeOneAtThat!
Come Visit the 44th Fleet
Lieutenant
# 13
11-18-2013, 06:48 AM
When I originally looked at the new voth rep, I though

"Great, I can't play during the week so I can stack up some commendations and just have one long project running til I get back on"

How wrong I was

Whilst I agree with others that this is definitely a better way to go, please allow us to run projects that are longer than 20 hours if we so wish to.

Cap it so you can only do a maximum of up to 5 days & so it doesn't take you over a tier.

As it stands, I have around 10 commendations which will be sat there til the weekend and I can get back on and play again!!

And yes, just one active project running looks very odd..
__________________________________________________ ___

Beta player - forum knows jack as to when I started

__________________________________________________ ___
Cryptic Studios Team
# 14
11-18-2013, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by des101 View Post
As it stands, I have around 10 commendations which will be sat there til the weekend and I can get back on and play again!!
It sounds like you ran the "Weekend Warrior" project, but don't meet the playstyle it's intended for.

The project that converts 350 Dyson Marks into 5 Commendations is intended for players that can only dedicate long periods of playtime to one/two sessions per week. The idea here is that they will still log in multiple times throughout the week for 10-15 second at a time, and spend their Commendations to kick off their progression projects.

If you're simply not logging in more than once or twice per week, this project is not for you. The extra Commendations will get you nothing if you can't log in and kick off the Large Reputation Project on a daily basis.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Career Officer
# 15
11-18-2013, 09:03 AM
I agree, the new Dyson rep is a huge improvement! I actually won't mind doing it on several
characters, and the fact that I no longer have to fill my bank and inventory with large power cells etc.
is a massive relief.

I don't really mind the commendation, yes it's one extra currency, but it's not like it's confusing as
to what it's for. I also like the fact that I can choose what dailies I want to do to get the commendation,
or stack up on them if I cannot play actively for a few days.

The equipment boxes are really, really nice! Especially since we can use the one hour rep project on
alts to easily get some nice stuff for ships and bridge officers that get little love otherwise. I also
love the fact that the store just opens up fully stocked, without the need to unlock everything
(which I always thought was rather silly and have avoided doing for the most part).

Thank you for this new reputation system Cryptic, it's been a huge quality of life improvement,
and I really hope that the older reputations are revamped to become like the Dyson rep
------------------------------------------------
Joined in March, 2011. Lifer since December, 2011.
Rihannsu
# 16
11-18-2013, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
The extra Commendations will get you nothing if you can't log in and kick off the Large Reputation Project on a daily basis.
I'm curious what will happen to these commendations once we hit Tier 5? Are we still able to win Commendations once per day? I didn't notice a Commendation mark -> Dilithium conversion project, so I'm curious what we'll do with spares?
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
11-18-2013, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiffy1 View Post
I'm curious what will happen to these commendations once we hit Tier 5? Are we still able to win Commendations once per day? I didn't notice a Commendation mark -> Dilithium conversion project, so I'm curious what we'll do with spares?
Can they be used for giving discounts to other characters?
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook

Last edited by amosov78; 11-18-2013 at 09:53 AM.
Captain
# 18
11-18-2013, 09:45 AM
I love Dyson Reputation because of all the reasons the OP likes it. I don't understand why the OP doesn't like the Commendations though.

By the way, nice signature, saltypineapple.
I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shurato2099
Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
Captain
# 19
11-18-2013, 10:04 AM
Love the changed approach to Rep in this season.

Much nicer experience, amongst others because of:
- Less hassle inputting project reqs (much nicer indeed!)
- Free random item every time you slot a project (feels like mini-christmas, and makes you want to slot the 150 marks)
- Store unlocks feel like they should have worked all along
- Recommendation through marks: great touch for people playing odd times or various alts
- Alleviates the large drain of exp and ec's needed for repping (which was especially painful for new alts - please, please alters the other reps to mirror the Dyson rep in this regard)

Neutral point:
- distribution of marks feels weighted in favour of ground over space (I'm ok with that, as I like this ground stuff too, but feels unevenly distributed)

Negative point:
- high dil costs of items
Captain
# 20
11-18-2013, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiffy1 View Post
At Tier 5, a project is supposed to unlock where you can trade them for Dyson Marks and dilithium.