Lt. Commander
So I just had my first real negative experience in Star Trek Online. I entered a deep space encounter in the Regulus sector. There were already 4 players there and they were waiting for the battle to reset. I requested to join a team and they let me in.

After the first squadron was destroyed they kicked me from the team no explanation given.

After that I was not able to get ANY loot drops what-so-ever. Is this working as intended? Can teams of jerks essentially monopolize loot in this fashion?

If so, I'd like to strongly protest this game mechanic unless there is something I'm overlooking or am not understanding how loot is distributed among the players.

Any help would be appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 08:44 PM
Its going to happen and there probably is no way to stop it. Best thing you can do is join another instance.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 08:45 PM
Pretty much. Maybe not "as intended" by Cryptic but I'm assuming they won't do anything about it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 08:46 PM
Loot system of any mmo has never been perfect.

And I highly doubt they did it on purpose, if so, first time I hear people doing it.

As for myself, I try to build a community of friends, people I have personally seen in battle.

To quote from "Matrix Reloaded":

"You don't truly know someone until you fight with them."
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 08:46 PM
Yea I got the same thing except the jerks were pulling out and they were back as soon as I was dead. Again and again..
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 08:47 PM
Even though I fail with the MMO part of it, but, I tend to avoid other people. Granted, some of these areas encourage joining groups, but I simply don't. My unfortunate experiences in WoW taught me that...