Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endyl
This is the best spot to say if you don't have anything nice to say, keep it to yourself.
This is the issue here. If the OP had written up a decent post that wasn't filled with venom then he wouldn't have gotten the responses that he did. "I hope they get these server issues worked out before launch. I invited some friends to play and I don't want them to be disappointed." is much better than "This is an effing waste. What a f-up."
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 09:36 PM
Exactly. Tone is everything when only text is being used to convey ideas.

The More You Know...
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronintetsuro View Post
Exactly. Tone is everything when only text is being used to convey ideas.

The More You Know...
Exactlly! Hey, I'm not happy about it either. I would much rather be playing. But there is no-one really "at fault" for the sitution. Having went through several launches such as Vanguard and PotBS where there way too many servers that got miniimzed over time, I can understand why Cryptic may want to start with just one server. Sadly, with an IP like Star Trek, there is just no way that those poor guys are going to be able to keep up with what are going to do to their game and their hardware. Our geek-meter is pegged!

I am not however going to yell and scream at Cryptic about it. Things will sort themselves out over time and it will be all good. Coming into these forums however and wailing like a ninny is just going to get you flamed though. Right or wrong, if you come in here right now wityh a poor attitude, some of us are going to rip your arm off and beat you with the wet end. So, please behave...
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 11:45 PM
So because the original poster isn't a mature person we all act like children to discourage this behaviour? Hmmm I fail to see the reason behind that logic.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2010, 11:53 PM
Yea, so sue me, i posted a complaint and was angry. Man i'm a beotch.

Yes there is someone at fault. Whoever didn't think STO would require a rear load of server space. Poor planning. Poor execution. I played SWG on launch, and I don't recall a big fubar like this has been. Everything went smoothly there, i was able to log in, play, minimal lag, and it was enjoyable.

And if all this really IS cleared up by some miracle on Tuesday, I will be the first to apologize.

I'm 99% confident that won't be the case, and that's a sad thing. Of course, what have I been shown that would instill confidence? Oh right, nothing.

As for my tone, yea i'm ****ed off and i'm going to say it ****ed off. If you think devs give two sheets about what any of us think on these forums then you're a moron. So go ahead and carebear it up. But to say no one is at fault is LOL stupid. And who made you the forum police anyway? " come in here right now wityh a poor attitude" and you're going to get flamed. Sorry I stepped on your epeen, didn't see it there.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-31-2010, 05:45 PM
Whether or not someone has Venom in their post, it is not directed at you, and he is simply speaking his mind. However, the return venom was directed specifically at someone, and that makes all the difference. If all you are going to post is "get a life", "stop being a baby", etc. You should not post at all. Just get over the venom and move on.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-31-2010, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endyl
My goodness, what is wrong with the beginnings of this community.
It's a combination of antisocial MMO junkies, overly-obsessive Trekkies and the rest of us... well, we just try to get by...
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-31-2010, 05:53 PM
Keeping venom in causes stomach ulcers.

I'm pretty irritated too, and I'm a notoriously patient guy. I have a busy life, and its very annoying that every time I have an hour or two to kill the server is 'down for maintenance'. I didn't mind it during beta, but the whole point of a headstart is to get a headstart. By the time launch comes, I'm still going to be will all the newbies and the starter zones when I should be near or at lieutenant commander.

This isn't beta any more. Its a preorder perk. A bonus PROMISED to those who preordered. And its not a perk they can come back and fix for later like an item. Like or not, we did PAY for this, and I'm sure as hell not getting my money's worth.

All those 'its just headstart' people will be very ****ed off if it turns out later that 'hey you aren't getting of your preorder items'. Well this is the same thing, its one of the preorder items promised in the package that we aren't getting and its really bad business. I was seriously contemplating the lifetime sub, but now I don't think this game is going to have the maintenance and attention given to it to deserve my commitment.