The argument over organized teams and voice comms is silly and not common.
The argmument over people knowing how to play because they are on their klingon is just outright ignorant.
I saw these same arguments in **** with hibs, albs, and mids. Clicking on klingon doesn't mean your special. People play both sides and when you try to press this point home you only come out looking like a fool.
Weapon DPS doesn't go through the roof if it's a blue either it just has an extra effect like 2% crit. Consoles you will see a marginal percentage increase like 2-5% depending on how high the tier is.
Makes a big diff for shields and consoles, weapons isnt much but helps a bit. Engines get a bit, deflectors are all over the place.
Consoles are again small t1-t3 that I personally have seen. I have in fact seen the same stats on a green console so close to a blue (deflector was same minus 2 points on tractor or something) it wasn't worth the effort.
At the end of open-beta. T2 was still a living hell for Klingons - without a T2 cruiser it was a nightmare, and I certainly remember exactly how those matches played out.
The difference is NOT that I'm dealing any more damage (figures seem the same to me - but I'm not a statistician), or that I'm taking less (Fed guns hurt like hell - and I see enough of the respawn button to know that it's bugged like it was in open beta [click outside the box, and you get stuck - press escape twice to re-show the dialog]).
The differences are:
- In T2 I am "often" seeing every Klingon player with an entry in the healing column. I am seeing 1 or 2 fed players with the same number, and everyone else with zero.
The big, gigantic difference that has changed everything is:
- Federation were outnumbering Klingon PvP queues substantially.
This wasn't a bad thing (at all) - we had 'instant' PvP whenever we wanted it. When we entered a map we'd stealth up, and meet in the middle - form a bunch (often, but not always a group), and when enough players were loaded, we'd attack.
Now, we have the opposite situation - Klingons are outnumbering the Fed PvP queues.
- This is a game-breaking, red-flag, release-blocking problem. For the klingons, we simply head to your spawn, kill everyone there and camp it.
- we've been hunting down respawning feds at different entry points and blowing them away.
- we've been blowing up turrets on scrapyard, as there's nothing else to do without *any* Fed players for the first minute or 2. (honestly, scrapyard I've won 1500-0 so many times that it's getting boring)
But in terms of Fed v Klink in T2, I have played a few rounds against (non-fleet) teams that entered at the start, grouped up, used science vessels and cruisers, escorts that understood their job... and we lost repeatedly by a very large margin .