Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
They are long, and hard, and don't reward anything worth keeping. You have to kill like 100 ships plus a juggernaut. The Juggernaut usually spawns in groups of 4, next to quantum torpedo turrets and other large groups of feds.

Now this would be fine and cool, but what do we get rewarded for this 30+ minute battle? Auxillery batteries. Oh ok the number one guy got a plasma tac mod but really our fleet actions suck.

At least the Yov'Bot one or whatever.

Now Cryptic I know you're busy, but it would be nice if you guys spent some time on the Klingon content. I know you are working on a 45 day content thing, but the little content we do have is either broken or a complete waste of time, and not fun at all.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 10:20 PM
Yov'Bot is fun but it has some parts that need to be cleaned up. Not letting the battlship groups camp the spawn point would be a good start. They also need to scale the roaming fleets based on the number of players in the instance, right now it's not too bad as it's normally pretty crowded but in the Beta there were times when you'd only have four or five T1 BoPs and taking out a Dreadnaught when you can't actually get one alone can get frustrating.

One player in a Raptor can clean up that place pretty good though so it seems like the difficulty is a bit off. You can't really compare it to Starbase 24 but since both are stupidly easy with T2 ships I'm guessing Yov'bot isn't supposed to be that hard. Then again, there are soo many Fed players you can't go into Starbase 24 without having a blob of 20+ Miranda's and you make quick work of the place with that as a team.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phasmatis
Yov'Bot is fun but it has some parts that need to be cleaned up. Not letting the battlship groups camp the spawn point would be a good start. They also need to scale the roaming fleets based on the number of players in the instance, right now it's not too bad as it's normally pretty crowded but in the Beta there were times when you'd only have four or five T1 BoPs and taking out a Dreadnaught when you can't actually get one alone can get frustrating.

One player in a Raptor can clean up that place pretty good though so it seems like the difficulty is a bit off. You can't really compare it to Starbase 24 but since both are stupidly easy with T2 ships I'm guessing Yov'bot isn't supposed to be that hard. Then again, there are soo many Fed players you can't go into Starbase 24 without having a blob of 20+ Miranda's and you make quick work of the place with that as a team.
Ok that's fine, but like you said it needs to scale, and also it needs to give better loot. I've NEVER gotten anything as bad as a batter at SB24, it was either nothing or some white gear that was ok at the worst. So easy to farm blues every 15 minutes.

The map itself would be cool if it was actually worth all of that effort.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 10:31 PM
Oh, I don't disagree with you, something about the difficulty just feels off. Like it's too hard and then all of the sudden it's too easy, and yes that whole time from hard to easy the rewards suck but it is better loot than you get from Khaless... oh wait, no loot there, nevermind
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 11:30 PM
Yeah, I just finished this fight today (won it, and got a blue mkIII engy console that really wasn't fantastic).

The effort required to do it wasn't worth the reward, and I came in 1st. I would have been highly displeased to get an aux battery.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 11:52 PM
this is yet another issue that's still unresolved from OB