Commander
In players perspective (My), it feels kind of easy to make it feel more like vast expanse of space but still keep things not tedious for those who just want to move around fast.

In most basic terms, it consists of 2 things

1. Scale sector space bigger compared to ships

2. Increase speed of all players .

First the scaling. Compared to ship, i think it should be scaled somewhat to point, where star and planets that now exist, are (Or presentation of these) enlargened to point where they are somewhat same size as planets in system space. This would also be accomplished by making ship smaller. By this, distance between everything in sector space is increased and ships, star systems and all the other stuff really are far away from each other like in rea? space.

Then speed increase. Noone would still go any faster than now in warp scale BUT they will go faster by same scale that sector space was scaled so players who just want to move fast, would still get from point a to point b in the same amount of time before.

One important addition to these would naturally be seamless transition between sector blocks AND removal of exploration clusters. Perphaps exploration areas should be all around the current sector space where ypou actually dont move any further but you have illusion of moving, just like in holodeck. Anomalies would appear to direction and move towards you and so on. Other players dont actually need to be visible in exploration areas as these areas are supposed to be "Where no one has gone before areas ^^

What about this?
Captain Hunt, at your service!
Commander
# 2
11-16-2013, 07:19 AM
Sector space seems to feel fine to you
Captain
# 3
11-16-2013, 07:31 AM
I'd just be satisfied with seamless transitions. Making it bigger so I spend more time getting from Point A to Point B seems like a borefest.
# 4
11-16-2013, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370 View Post
I'd just be satisfied with seamless transitions. Making it bigger so I spend more time getting from Point A to Point B seems like a borefest.
Did you read the whole thing? There was actual countermeasure to make traveling take the same time as before with larger sector space.

I just wish it to be bigger so everything is further away from each other AND increase speed so that traveling still takes the same time before. I am not talking of going over warp 10 as that is impossible with normal warp drive but only make warp 5 for example to correspond with warp 10 or more.
Empire Veteran
# 5
11-16-2013, 07:45 AM
Or, the radical method,

remove sector space entirely, but keep the assets and re purpose them as astrometrics.

Then, when in a system, you call up astrometrics, pick a target system, hit engage and off you go, display warp travel animation and after some time you pop out at the destination.

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Commander
# 6
11-16-2013, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostusthorn View Post
Or, the radical method,

remove sector space entirely, but keep the assets and re purpose them as astrometrics.

Then, when in a system, you call up astrometrics, pick a target system, hit engage and off you go, display warp travel animation and after some time you pop out at the destination.
This is otherwise nice but it would remove areas where other players are as well even more. If this would be done, the only places basically would be Spacedocks and some adventuring areas.
Captain
# 7
11-16-2013, 08:56 AM
Only thing that should be done is seamless transitions. Changing exploration clusters should only be done when the devs decide to finally do an exploration revamp. The sectors are already big enough that they don't need to be changed. If the devs, plan on adding more star systems to the existing sector blocks with more missions and social areas, then something like this would make sense, but if there is no plan, then it is a pointless use of resources that could be used on better things.
Commander
# 8
11-16-2013, 09:08 AM
Im sad that you actually accept rowhouse backyard as vast expanse of space.

In space, there os isially great distance betweem star systems, in space it is also rare that starships cruise so close one eachother unless in formation

What harm there is to scale it feel bigger? If traveling still takes same time? Id it be done by scaling our ships smaller compared to sector space (they would still look same to us, only distances between objects seem larger and objects seem larger.

Most funniest thing is starship that is apparently larger than solar system in sector space.

Naturally it would be better to put resources to something more useful to us like more ships to zen store. That sure to make everyone happy.

Also, new content is not needed, old content need to be finished and polished plus bugs fixed. There is also different teams working on different things.
Captain
# 9
11-16-2013, 09:48 AM
You have to consider sector space as not being literal. The scale is the way it is to save space, time and clutter. In sector space, your ship is an overscaled representation.
Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
What's my position?
That people should know what they're screaming about!
(paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
Commander
# 10
11-16-2013, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radagast75 View Post
This is otherwise nice but it would remove areas where other players are as well even more. If this would be done, the only places basically would be Spacedocks and some adventuring areas.
not really they could add the animation as a choice and not a madatory addtion forcing players out of space and forced to meet in certain locations.

so some who cant be bothered to be social could just put the animation on and go get a coffee while the rest of us chat the night away while flying to the space dock

Im for removal of sector barriers though it really needs to be done, the constant loading screens of this game sometimes get on my nerves quite a bit especially when im forced to do a mission thats horribly tedious (early stages of leveling can be even more boring lol) and well with all the loading screens it makes it feel like you're playing your game almost frame by frame lol (if you encounter them enough).

not just that but then there could be battles in space! proper space!

not battles in a system cus system so no battle in deep space :S WHY NOT!?! dskflkasdlfkjalsd