Captain
# 11
11-17-2013, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
This goes against the whole concept of Fleets where they are supposed to be a group effort. Massive Fleet projects like a 20 hour project that requires just 15,000 Fleet Marks (no dilithium or duty officers) and gives 10 provisions in each Starbase Holding (Military, Science, and Engineering) would make more sense.
Did you read more than the thread title?

And once it is completed the suggestion I made kicks in. not before. Still requires everyones participation to complete the holdings but once complete players can slot a single project to earn FC's. In large fleets projects get filled so fast many do not even have a chance to donate a single DOFF or mark simply because they were not on when the project opened. I know I have 3 characters in one such fleet and I have NEVER seen an open project they have all been filled already. I would love to earn some FC's without swapping fleets to do it, or have an open project and buy some DOFF's or commodities to donate and see it get filled just as I hit the buy button.
"I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man.
Captain
# 12
11-17-2013, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetwtf View Post
Did you read more than the thread title?

And once it is completed the suggestion I made kicks in. not before. Still requires everyones participation to complete the holdings but once complete players can slot a single project to earn FC's. In large fleets projects get filled so fast many do not even have a chance to donate a single DOFF or mark simply because they were not on when the project opened. I know I have 3 characters in one such fleet and I have NEVER seen an open project they have all been filled already. I would love to earn some FC's without swapping fleets to do it, or have an open project and buy some DOFF's or commodities to donate and see it get filled just as I hit the buy button.
The whole purpose of your OP is to generate Fleet Credits for individuals for doing individual projects. In my fleet, dilithium and duty officers are the problem. Projects usually have their Fleet Marks filled in before I get to it. The 15,000 Mark per 20 hours is simply a suggestion. They could change it to 5,000 for 30 minutes for all I care, but Officers might a problem with queuing up the 30 minute project on time. If an Officer can't queue up a 20 hour project, then there is something wrong with the fleet. The problem with the 30 minute projects is that Fleet Marks are always filled first, but people don't want to fill the other requirements leaving such problems to a select few in the Fleet.

Massive projects are the way it should work and a fleet could have 3 of these Massive provision projects for the starbase with buff, operational assets, and equipments provisions and 1 for each of the other Fleet Holdings. If a current Tier 5 Fleet can continually generate more than 75,000 Fleet Marks per day and still have this Fleet Credit shortage issue, then I would be really surprised.
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
11-17-2013, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by john98837 View Post
This is all a symptom of the way the special projects are currently setup, they require only 600 marks, less with the mine, and require a bunch of doffs and commodities. Sure everyone is happy to dump there marks but who wants to toss a bunch of expensive doffs into a project that doesn't even advance the fleet.
what is expensive about common doffs?, no fleet project needs the expensive doffs anymore there all common unless there is something I have not seen in the higher tiers. Besides when the more rare doffs are easily bought from the exchange and if fleet mates are rich from selling there fleet items to other players where is the EC going besides to lockbox ships on the exchange etc.

Edit: I retract my earlier statement as I looked at the "special Projects" I see that they do require green doffs at least at lower tiers, but those give so little xp towards the base that my fleet does not even bother with doing them, but then again that a small fleet for ya.

Last edited by bughunter357; 11-17-2013 at 11:19 PM.
Survivor of Remus
# 14
11-18-2013, 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
You have 12 characters, 6 Fed, 6 KDF. There is no possible way to get them all in a single fleet. Minimum number of fleets required is 2, one Fed, one KDF.
that is what i meant. 1 fleet for fed and 1 for kdf. and i put it as 3 fed, 3 fed/rom,etc, so people would know exactly what i got. but whatever, always 1 out there to correct the little things
Rihannsu
# 15
11-18-2013, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by john98837 View Post
the problem is that the special projects we have require too many doffs and commodities when all anyone wants to do dump into them is fleet marks.
Pretty much this.

It's annoying to see any kind of project with FM filled often within SECONDS and doff/commodities/provisions/dilithium left untouched. People who filled the FM got their credits and are happy, while others struggle to fill all the more expensive stuff (which gives laughably little credits in return) just to complete the project and hope they'll get their chance to contribute FM next time...

This can already be a problem in a decent-size fleet, so I can only imagine what bigger fleets must endure. And I know it's not that easy nor convenient to supervise this if you're a fleet leader as well.

Once again I support the idea of introducing an unlockable special project that requires ONLY Fleet Marks. Such project could be made available once a fleet constructs a T5 Starbase (not earlier, to avoid exploits).
Community Moderator
# 16
11-18-2013, 01:42 PM
Well...

Given the general attitude (of some members of large fleets) toward small fleets, I can't say that I can sympathize with this a whole lot.

We're supposed to suck it up and complete the projects as designed. Any request for relief is characterized as whining.

Many of us are offering individuals the opportunity to come in to our fleets on a temporary basis and do just what you are talking about: dump fleet marks (or anything else) for fleet credits.

The problem with this, and with "mule" fleets, is that it's a royal pain to move members from fleet to fleet on a temporary basis. It's inconvenient, and I don't blame people for not wanting to do it.

If anyone can simply queue up their own personal project, then all incentive to help smaller fleets is gone. Limiting the ability to do that to T5 fleets only would be even worse.

What some of us are asking for is some way to make it easier for anyone to donate resources to another fleet's projects without actually joining that fleet, or at least without needing to leave their original fleet. Maybe this would only encourage the formation of mule fleets without helping active small fleets, I don't know.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Captain
# 17
11-18-2013, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
Well...

Given the general attitude (of some members of large fleets) toward small fleets, I can't say that I can sympathize with this a whole lot.

We're supposed to suck it up and complete the projects as designed. Any request for relief is characterized as whining.

Many of us are offering individuals the opportunity to come in to our fleets on a temporary basis and do just what you are talking about: dump fleet marks (or anything else) for fleet credits.

The problem with this, and with "mule" fleets, is that it's a royal pain to move members from fleet to fleet on a temporary basis. It's inconvenient, and I don't blame people for not wanting to do it.

If anyone can simply queue up their own personal project, then all incentive to help smaller fleets is gone. Limiting the ability to do that to T5 fleets only would be even worse.

What some of us are asking for is some way to make it easier for anyone to donate resources to another fleet's projects without actually joining that fleet, or at least without needing to leave their original fleet. Maybe this would only encourage the formation of mule fleets without helping active small fleets, I don't know.
Perhaps a Fleet Exchange similar to the Dilithium Exchange would work. I could post a bid to sell my Fleet Marks for Fleet Credits and someone could accept my bid.
Captain
# 18
11-18-2013, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Well...

I'm not pushing your idea because i know cryptic, what your looking for is going to require allot of work. Its not going to be a simple thing to allow members of one fleet to donate to projects of a fleet they are not in. That is why i am pushing giving us a new project that just takes marks, adding a new project is something that should take a matter of minutes to do.

The whole big fleets sponsoring small fleets idea is a good one, would love to see it, but i would not get my hopes up for them actually implementing it.
Fed Fleet: Kodiak Legion (Tier 5 Lvl 20) | KDF Fleet: Imperial Legion (Tier 5 Lvl 20)
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-26-2013, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Well...

Agreed !!!!!!

For the very best online gaming experience on star trek online. Join Task Force Spectre

http://youtu.be/a6qPTWoh3fM
Commander
# 20
12-10-2013, 04:33 PM
How about 2 week project with unlimited amounts of items it can accept, and everybody put their unused fleet marks there to make them into fleet credits, and after 2 weeks the Fleet gets x number of provisions based on the amount of fleet marks put in....