Go Back   Star Trek Online > Fleet Administrative Station > Earth Spacedock
Login

Captain
I admit that you have no idea about my opinion that fleets are nothing but resource pits and that's why I don't belong to one. And the prompt that comes up when you receive an invite doesn't give a person much in the way to refuse you with as many ego-soothing words as you'd like. And I appreciate that perhaps you're feeling some stress trying to get to T5 and you need more people. It can take a long time and those fleet ships are pretty sexy.

But telling me that I'm a *slang word for female genitalia* and then beaming out doesn't make me change my mind. It makes me just put you on my ever-growing ignore list.

I hope you one day find some non-*slang word for female genitalia*s to help you get that fleet Defiant you want.
# 2
11-16-2013, 07:16 AM
this is exactly why i never accept any and all blind fleet invites. i never accept advertised fleet invites either because i know nothing of them or their motivations. if a fleet is serious about having people they should find you and convince you that your a part of a team, not you going to them and your just another drone to their resource pit despite the kind glossed words.
Joined STO late 2010. Bought starter pack LoR & LTS 2013.
Proud owner of a Targ pup to a federation character.
T5 Miranda FTW! Hope to see Miranda Class made a T5 ship.
Career Officer
# 3
11-16-2013, 07:21 AM
just had a similar experience yesterday on my new Vulcan captain I made to play the new tutorial, gracefully declined and went on my main who is my fleet leader and invited myself into my small quaint fleet. I look at my fleet as one of those that are there to get away from those pesky sneak/shadow fleet invites. (you know those ones that look on the online list and find that one captain who isn't in a fleet)

STO Open Beta member since 2010.
Commander
# 4
11-16-2013, 07:21 AM
You can block fleet invites in the option menu you know.
Well I can't forget a face but I won't remember y'all.
Bleed Green and Gold
Career Officer
# 5
11-16-2013, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by packer3434 View Post
You can block fleet invites in the option menu you know.
besides the point. the way some fleets go about recruiting leaves a lot to be desired.
Commander
# 6
11-16-2013, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrorchaos View Post
besides the point. the way some fleets go about recruiting leaves a lot to be desired.
Not really. You obviously don't like having these random invites, the option I described removes them from your experience completely.
Bleed Green and Gold
Career Officer
# 7
11-16-2013, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Not really. You obviously don't like having these random invites, the option I described removes them from your experience completely.
I was going to agree with you but then I remembered I've still had obnoxious inbreds try to recruit me anyway thru private messages who refused to take "no" for an answer.

Now since I'm not easily offended I usually get a kick watching them vent their spleens when I continue to politely refuse and let them dig their graves deeper and deeper with the name calling, threats, and attempts to intimidate me before I laughingly send it all to a GM for punishment.
C:\Users\Public\Pictures\Sample Pictures\banner11.jpg
Career Officer
# 8
11-16-2013, 07:39 AM
Quote:
if your a fleet leader i would want nothing to do with your fleet such is that dismissive tone in the comment. this is also another reason i want nothing to do wth fleets, i have dealt with this kind before.
Commander
# 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopwithsnipe View Post
I was going to agree with you but then I remembered I've still had obnoxious inbreds try to recruit me anyway thru private messages who refused to take "no" for an answer.

Now since I'm not easily offended I usually get a kick watching them vent their spleens when I continue to politely refuse and let them dig their graves deeper and deeper with the name calling, threats, and attempts to intimidate me before I laughingly send it all to a GM for punishment.
If I'm honest I'm probably lucky, I've only been a member of two different fleets and they've both been great.

The few times I've been on a new character and not had a fleet yet the only invites I've had (apart from blind invites) have been nice letters or pms so I may have some trouble understanding your point of view.
Bleed Green and Gold
Commander
# 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370 View Post
I admit that you have no idea about my opinion that fleets are nothing but resource pits and that's why I don't belong to one. And the prompt that comes up when you receive an invite doesn't give a person much in the way to refuse you with as many ego-soothing words as you'd like. And I appreciate that perhaps you're feeling some stress trying to get to T5 and you need more people. It can take a long time and those fleet ships are pretty sexy.

But telling me that I'm a *slang word for female genitalia* and then beaming out doesn't make me change my mind. It makes me just put you on my ever-growing ignore list.

I hope you one day find some non-*slang word for female genitalia*s to help you get that fleet Defiant you want.
This is why I am dead set against random invites and I belong to a fleet that is quite probably one of the most thriving fleets in STO at the moment. My Fleet leader sometimes used to say I should go out and randomly invite people but I just can not do that. I need to team up with someone, befriend them, and then maybe mention that my fleet is seeking new members.

The reason my fleet is thriving is because of how we recruit and 99% of players invited end up staying because the fleet chat is very fun to be a part of. Participation in team events is very high and normally when I login there are at least 15 to 20 players online with many more then that at peak play times.

By the sounds or your experience this person attempting to start a fleet will not be successful unless they realize that people need to want to belong or there is absolutely no point in inviting them. And then when that person gets turned down and they resort to comments like that, this shows me that this person has no chance at all of ever running a successful fleet/guild, ever.