Go Back   Star Trek Online > Fleet Administrative Station > Earth Spacedock
Login

Career Officer
# 11
11-16-2013, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrorchaos View Post
besides the point. the way some fleets go about recruiting leaves a lot to be desired.
How is that besides the point? If you're not going to use the tools the game gives you to avoid being randomly invited, why complain? Just because you enjoy complaining?

I agree that there are a number of fleets with scummy recruiting practices. And you can easily ignore them by blocking the invites, blocking anyone who PMs you about it, and reporting anyone who PMs you and acts like a jerk like what happened to OP.
Career Officer
# 12
11-16-2013, 07:56 AM
Actually, I took full advantage of random fleet invites. Its not like you're stuck there if you join, so I kept accepting and leaving till I found a fleet in a high enough tier that I could get what I wanted. Most of these fleets will give you instant access to everything, and its really not all that much to pay for what you take, so that's exactly what I do. Instead of starting from the ground up, start a little bit over the middle. Once you have what you want, take off.
Captain
# 13
11-16-2013, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow
How is that besides the point?
Because... and get ready because you're about to have your mind blown... My post wasn't about getting fleet invites. It was about the douchebag behavior after the invite was refused.

*shkpow* Mind blown!
# 14
11-16-2013, 08:13 AM
Mind you, I was running a Cardassian. If he was referring to the scaled spoon as a *slang for female genitalia* then I figure his love life is punishment enough.
# 15
11-16-2013, 08:13 AM
I got lucky with the fleet I'm in, it wasn't a random invite as so many people get but more of a request when my Rommy hit 50. Not all fleets are bad or a resource pit, the way PWE is doing things all the best stuff is being put into Fleets and if you want the best you have to join a fleet and contribute.

I happen to enjoy playing with my fleeties doing the new content old content and PvP it makes a change from solo/random play in the game
Captain
# 16
11-16-2013, 08:17 AM
If being in a fleet is something you dig, then more power to you, I say.
# 17
11-16-2013, 08:22 AM
I was randomly invited to the fleet I'm in. I guess I was lucky since I'm quite happy with the people I'm working with.
Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
What's my position?
That people should know what they're screaming about!
(paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
Career Officer
# 18
11-16-2013, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370 View Post
Because... and get ready because you're about to have your mind blown... My post wasn't about getting fleet invites. It was about the douchebag behavior after the invite was refused.

*shkpow* Mind blown!
Still a totally pointless post. There's a report to GM function built into the game precisely so you don't have to come to the forum to complain about things like this.
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-16-2013, 08:23 AM
I really don't like fleets. It serves no purpose really.

One of the ways it can be changed is to make them Fleet Marks you have to get from the queues, to be your Fleet members only to gain them. Not pool everyone into one queue, just because you're in a Fleet to begin with.

It's rather self-defeating.
Lan - FED - Engineer - Android/Alien [Maddox-type, Soong template] - Guardian Cruiser

[Data has formally refused to submit to Maddox]
Lt. Commander Data: And Commander, continue your work. When you are ready, I will still be here. I find some of what you propose... intriguing.
Captain
# 20
11-16-2013, 08:25 AM
I shut invites off long ago for the 2 storage toons of mine that arent in our fleet.

That being said, I still think the ESD/Romulus/Qonos spam is about ten times more annoying.

Yeah yeah, ignore list. Still gets stupid. Especially the ones that ask to pay you to start a fleet with them just so they have more storage or want to do it solo.

Make an alt and throw your crap on that through the shared bank. That is how its done in virtually every other MMO out there.

Everything is OP, plz nerf
Fleet Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===