Go Back   Star Trek Online > Fleet Administrative Station > Earth Spacedock
Login

Career Officer
# 21
11-16-2013, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by packer3434 View Post
If I'm honest I'm probably lucky, I've only been a member of two different fleets and they've both been great.

The few times I've been on a new character and not had a fleet yet the only invites I've had (apart from blind invites) have been nice letters or pms so I may have some trouble understanding your point of view.
Over the years I've run across some aggressive recruiters. Not often, but the ones that made an impression, were truly the worst of the lot. The three that come to mind right now, (not from this game) knew that I was already a member of another guild/fleet while they were trying to recruit me.

One went so far as to join our guild and tried to recruit people in our guild channel, and went ballistic when he was kicked from both the guild and private channel.
C:\Users\Public\Pictures\Sample Pictures\banner11.jpg
Career Officer
# 22
11-16-2013, 08:27 AM
I wouldn't worry about it. That girl he finally got up the courage to pass a note to in 7th grade science probably circled "no" on his little love note. He was having a bad day. He heard some high school kids he admires use that word and probably doesn't even know what it means.

FWIW, I turn off all social items and play the game as a loner. I've probably ticked off a few people when I didn't reply to their tells or such. Oh well. Such is life.

Porthos is not amused.
Captain
# 23
11-16-2013, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopwithsnipe View Post
Over the years I've run across some aggressive recruiters. Not often, but the ones that made an impression, were truly the worst of the lot. The three that come to mind right now, (not from this game) knew that I was already a member of another guild/fleet while they were trying to recruit me.

One went so far as to join our guild and tried to recruit people in our guild channel, and went ballistic when he was kicked from both the guild and private channel.
Heh, i know the type actually.

Our fleet has a pretty open teamspeak guest policy (like for our pvp group, we invite guests from time to time to coordinate).

That being said, our fleet leader has a pretty strict policy about advertising their fleets in our TS. ive seen a couple of people kicked for it, one was flat out trying to get people too.

You dont come over to my house for dinner and ask if you can take my significant other home with you.
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Captain
# 24
11-16-2013, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
Still a totally pointless post. There's a report to GM function built into the game precisely so you don't have to come to the forum to complain about things like this.
Hey now. Such misplaced hostility. Unless...

Was that you?!
# 25
11-16-2013, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rylanadionysis View Post
You dont come over to my house for dinner and ask if you can take my significant other home with you.
What if they asked politely?
# 26
11-16-2013, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370 View Post
What if they asked politely?
gtfo my house.
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
Captain
# 27
11-16-2013, 08:31 AM
Quote:
gtfo my house.
What if there was the promise of gas money?
# 28
11-16-2013, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370 View Post
What if there was the promise of gas money?
Solicitation of prostitution?
Captain
# 29
11-16-2013, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Solicitation of prostitution?
Depends on the jurisdiction?
# 30
11-16-2013, 08:43 AM
Quote:
You're right. I would never go over to your house, eat your food, then ask to take your significant other home with me. I don't want your significant other knowing where I live.

Besides there's a perfectly good bed in your home. Play your cards right and you can join in. Maybe make a video.

Bow chicka wow wow
C:\Users\Public\Pictures\Sample Pictures\banner11.jpg