Lt. Commander
# 101
01-30-2010, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerToad
Trust me guys this is nothing. You want bad? You should have been there for Everquest or Star Wars online. Now THAT was a bad start to a game. This is actually going pretty smoothly all things considered. Even WoW had 2 hour waits and ques.

Relax
Oh wow so you can compare games that came out 10 years ago with the promises made now?

I think we're all tired of the "this is how MMOs work, give it time" ********. It's not unreasonable to have higher expectations than the crap that came out 10 years ago. You bunch of muppets would eat **** if all the grocery store said it was the best they could get for now.
Lt. Commander
# 102
01-30-2010, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakster
"Sir, I recommend we not use full impulse power in the nebula."

"Recommendation noted. Grab that fire extinguisher we picked up earlier today, get your butt down to engineering, give me full impulse, and hose down the core if it starts glowing too bright."
Just gotta' say: Yes!
Lt. Commander
# 103
01-30-2010, 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBC3
Not to get too ranty, because this has gone relatively smoothly so far aside from stability issues now, but those were all damned near a decade ago.
Don't you think its about time we retire that excuse and start expecting better? Especially from a company who has been there and done that in terms of MMO launches.

I wouldn't be cool with my 2001 Honda having the gas mileage of a '79 Chevy.
How dare you RobC3 you expect better? <sarcasm off>
Lt. Commander
# 104
Listen people, i have a bigger problem then just the server being down. every time the game tells me my shield are down or hull is damaged i take a drink ( its a great game) im already losing my buzz. get the server up ASAP i needs me a drink
Lt. Commander
# 105
Oh look it is the people that think we should STFU and accept a retarded amount of downtime. I swear I have a bridge I would like to sell these guys that way they can defend how I ripped them off to other people I ripped off. I paid I get to ***** that is my right don't like it suck it.
Lt. Commander
# 106
heh you know what kills me is that they havent even figured out that there is a problem yet, how can they fix something that they dont know is broken? lol
Lt. Commander
# 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerToad
Trust me guys this is nothing. You want bad? You should have been there for Everquest or Star Wars online. Now THAT was a bad start to a game. This is actually going pretty smoothly all things considered. Even WoW had 2 hour waits and ques.

Relax
Did my four years of WoW and yeah your right in some ways...but still...this is over the top...

Im not saying its the worst release ive seen in MMORPG land...but its just frustrating these compagnies all get away with it...
They announce awesome games, super subscription offers, BETA teste, the whole 9 yards....

But when it finally releases its as unstable as can be and not a thing can be dont about it then wait...
Read angry posts on forums...or decide to put the game on hold for a day or more while u actually bought it to get the headstart etc....

But yeah....WoW had problems every patch and release....so....
Lt. Commander
# 108
01-30-2010, 10:58 PM
Well, STO homepage says servs up, but my login screen says retrieving list of chars still

at least its some progress?
Lt. Commander
# 109
01-30-2010, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flytch
Maybe in the high top 10, but no where near as bad as anything in the top 5 list...
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulidawg View Post
I think were right in the middle of a train wreck. This launch will make history- easily cracking the top 5 worst launches ever. Sad to say, but this will make the third I have been part of.

http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/Teala/03...aunches-Part-1

Seriously, lulz at the QQing going on. This game has had a smooth launch compared to many, many, many games previously. I remember playing thru hours of rubber-band lag and crashes in CO, WoW, CoH, WAR, EQ, UO, ****, ...

get the picture?

Quit QQing and just take a break. The game will be here and you will get to play.

Lt. Commander
# 110
01-30-2010, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkfeather
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulidawg View Post
I think were right in the middle of a train wreck. This launch will make history- easily cracking the top 5 worst launches ever. Sad to say, but this will make the third I have been part of.

http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/Teala/03...aunches-Part-1

Seriously, lulz at the QQing going on. This game has had a smooth launch compared to many, many, many games previously. I remember playing thru hours of rubber-band lag and crashes in CO, WoW, CoH, WAR, EQ, UO, ****, ...

get the picture?

Quit QQing and just take a break. The game will be here and you will get to play.

you're an idiot. <pours you a drink>