Lt. Commander
# 71
01-30-2010, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruis.In View Post
cryptic: we are getting more servers, the 300k pre-orders didnt really strike us as odd during open beta.
Yeah it's gonna be hilarious on the 2nd.
Lt. Commander
# 72
01-30-2010, 10:50 PM
OMG!!! The world is ending!!!

Help me.. no STO.. OH NOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevlinZisx
here we go again....
Yay! Ive been pretty patient till now. But first i had the Steam download issue, then when i got up this morning (Australian time) the server were down. I did happen to get a good couple of hours in this afternoon, but down again..... I guess that means i'm off to the movies tonight while they fix/patch/rebuild the server issues.....

Head Start has been awesome Cyrptic! Keep up the good work......
Lt. Commander
# 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michlo View Post
This is BLOODY RIDICULOUS.

We're only in the head-start, there could conceivably be a LOT more people hitting the server at launch.

What the hell is going on? Should we be canceling our life-time subscriptions already?
Good luck with that :-) now way u will ever see a penny back
Lt. Commander
# 75
Trust me guys this is nothing. You want bad? You should have been there for Everquest or Star Wars online. Now THAT was a bad start to a game. This is actually going pretty smoothly all things considered. Even WoW had 2 hour waits and ques.

Relax
Lt. Commander
# 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_Kae View Post
Yeah, Ill go mow the lawn now
At 1am?

I think the thing that ****es me off the MOST about these things going down is when it happens in the middle of an Episode...

Especially one that I've spent the better part of a ****ing hour on.
Lt. Commander
# 77
well guess it's back to Mass Effect 2. I know it wont say 'server not responding'
Lt. Commander
# 78
On the plus side the timing was OK. Just hit an act break on an episode mission. Hopefully it saved the progress before the crash - I really hate flying across nebulas.

"Sir, I recommend we not use full impulse power in the nebula."

"Recommendation noted. Grab that fire extinguisher we picked up earlier today, get your butt down to engineering, give me full impulse, and hose down the core if it starts glowing too bright."
Lt. Commander
# 79
01-30-2010, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakpower View Post
Maybe they should make a text based Star Trek MMO on this website so we can play that while the server is down.
http://www.trekmush.org/
Lt. Commander
# 80
01-30-2010, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michlo View Post
This is BLOODY RIDICULOUS.

We're only in the head-start, there could conceivably be a LOT more people hitting the server at launch.
I was just thinking the same thing.

There were probably just as many if not more people on during beta. Didn't they add servers to handle the load?