Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 12,059
# 11
11-16-2013, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
What Gap, The allies sent in a scout force, and they were attacked, and now we have out adventure zone, not much is missing in between. Omega directive in effect, so unless the Voth want to give up Omega there is nothing much else to say.

As for why the Voth want Omega, they need it for something.
'aspolding humanoids perhaps?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 812
# 12
11-16-2013, 04:09 PM
I agree with a lot of what the op said..

as far as the story line being hidden in the dysons sphere, well that is ballocks.. honestly, the story line should never be hidden, buried, or take to much work to play out.. the games story line should be honestly accessable by all types of players. (even dads and moms who only have an hour here or there to play).. you burry things like achievments and side stories...

I also very much agree with the dinos with lazer beams being childish.. that was my first thought.. and I have argued this.. watching the forums, there is a significantly larger number of people who were against it than for it.. and that usually will translate into the general feel of the entire playerbase.. (not exact, but a good idea).. yes, I know we have had space nazzis and what not, but so what.. my last girlfriend was ocd, does that mean I should go find another ocd girl... honestly, sto is not a tv show, that we watch once a week, and can easily forget about the previous one if we didn't like it.. this is something that players have to live with.. the caliber of the new season is very childish, and that is a shame.. my own fleet since the launch of season 8 has lost nearly half its members, those commenting on why they were leaving said they were fed up with the lack of story, the grind, and dinos with lazers was just the icing on the lackluster cake...

I want to know how adults (the dev team) can honestly sit in the boardroom, and think that dinosaurs was a good, and the best idea for the game at this time.. it is a shame.. it really is.. unfortunately, we seem to be playing out a devs childhood dreams.. uuggg... I myself have also slowed my playing down to once a week..


to those who think its awesome.. good for you, you get something you like.. for those of you who think its dumb, well maybe someday we will get a real star trek game..
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 553
# 13
11-16-2013, 04:15 PM
First the story DOES exist. It's just hidden in DOFF missions and the reputation progression. You have to wait untill you've reached Tier 5 to actually comment on the story.

Your second point is valid at least for the space/atmosphere zone. The missions are dull, uncreative and very easy. Even the dreadnoughts are no challenge at all. The space zone needs some significant update in mission design and difficulty.

The ground map on the other hand is really amazing. The scenery, the light, it's without any doubt the best map they have ever created for STO. The fact that you can solo a capture point is very much intended. The strength of the enemies scales with the number of human players at a capture point. In my opinion this is a very good mechanic. You don't have to team up but you still play as a team. For the first time I actually enjoy ground combat. And that's coming form a person who - untill this point - really hated and avoided ground combat in STO. Though just as the space zone, ground could need some difficulty upgrade.

I wasn't really thrilled when they announced dinosaurs as enemies in a Star Trek game. But it wouldn't be entirely impossible and once you get used to it fighting them is really fun.

The new reputation system is indeed great. You have to play ONE daily mission or ONE STF to fill in a project. And the reputation sponsorships are great for leveling up your alts. Fantastic job there.

The fleet spire is exactly what I expected. The map looks good. The gear we will be able to purchase once all tiers are completed is promising. But it's still a ressource sink like the previous fleet holdings.

You didn't like "The Breach" because you think it's a copy of Star Wars? Really? It would be a great experience but since there once was a movie that showed similar scenes you are determined to hate it? Big surprise: hardly anything that is done today be it on TV in books, games, music or movies is a true original. Everything created today is a copy of a copy of a copy. That alone is really no reason to hate it.

I disagree with you conclusion. You brought up some valid critisim but I think you valuation of the different points is unfair. Keep in mind that LoR was a full blown EXPANISION while this is just a "simple" new season. With a little bit of polish they could still make this - in my opinion - good season a great one.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,986
# 14
11-16-2013, 04:17 PM
Yeah dinosaurs in star trek is stupid.


Greek gos on the other hand Great.. Star Trek online GOD OF WAR!!


Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,373
# 15
11-16-2013, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
What Gap, The allies sent in a scout force, and they were attacked, and now we have our adventure zone, not much is missing in between. Omega directive in effect, so unless the Voth want to give up Omega there is nothing much else to say.

As for why the Voth want Omega, they need it for something.

They are lucky General Order 24 is not in effect.
From my understand, Omega Particles are used to create the Omega Molecule which is an extremely powerful source of energy. Unfortunately, creating an Omega Molecule is very risky. For any highly advanced race, the most important thing is Energy. So this would explain the Voth's reason for obtaining Omega Particles and it could be the Iconian's reason as well.

I don't buy into the belief that the Iconians are creating Omega Particles so they can flood the Galaxy with them. Sure minor races use warp travel and Iconians use more advanced methods, but they seem to use subspace too much and warp travel seems to require subspace to work. So if Omega Particles destroy subspace, then it would cause problems for the Iconians.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 131
# 16
11-16-2013, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
'aspolding humanoids perhaps?
What's "'aspolding"?

"The Borg - party-poopers of the galaxy" ~ The Doctor
"If you hear muffled screams, consider it a request for beamout" ~ Tom Paris
Joined January 2012
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,947
# 17
11-16-2013, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post


Greek gods on the other hand Great.. Star Trek online GOD OF WAR!!
I see a difference. Millions of ancient humans worshiped the Greek gods as Q like beings that messed with humans, often for petty or jealous reasons.

Star Trek is full of those gods who aren't really gods, but pretend to be gods.

It's the same premise as Stargate, really, only long before Stargate.

It's a lot more sophisticated and thought-provoking than Dinos with laser head gear.

Foundry plug: "Helna of Troy" - The continuation of "Who Mourns for Adonais."
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,986
# 18
11-16-2013, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
I see a difference. Millions of ancient humans worshiped the Greek gods as Q like beings that messed with humans, often for petty or jealous reasons.

Star Trek is full of those gods who aren't really gods, but pretend to be gods.

It's the same premise as Stargate, really, only long before Stargate.

It's a lot more sophisticated and thought-provoking than Dinos with laser head gear.

Foundry plug: "Helna of Troy" - The continuation of "Who Mourns for Adonais."
I've played your Greek gods foundry...it's not that sophisticated


Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,947
# 19
11-16-2013, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
I've played your Greek gods foundry...it's not that sophisticated
Maybe not for you, but I tend to think it's more believable than reskinning Fekiri as axe-swinging rodents of doom!

Maybe if I were making a Foundry cartoon, it would work, since it's a cartoon.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,986
# 20
11-16-2013, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
Maybe not for you, but I tend to think it's more believable than reskinning Fekiri as axe-swinging rodents of doom!

Maybe if I were making a Foundry cartoon, it would work, since it's a cartoon.
It's Star Trek anything is possible....IDIC


Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:37 PM.