Ensign
# 21 my thoughts on season 8
11-16-2013, 05:52 PM
1) i agree with there not being enough story except through the various rep tiers.

2)enemy's? they are good as far as defence. (can take a good min to take out the citadel dreadnought) and there tycan riifts, ect are effective, but i agree i can take out any area in the battlezone solo so not much difficulty there. they should add an option of mybe an elite adventure zone within the BZ. even the deferi zone or nakura prime is more difficult solo then the dyson BZ. i also agree the space adven zone would be nice in pvp style following the fed/kdf war.

3)rep i like with the sponsorship system. and yes its hard to start but walking through the BZ for an hour or so can rack up some major marks, command points, and dillithum. dont see much cons in that.

4)new fleet holding...first of all the consoles. the dil mine gave us engineer cons. and now we have tac consoles....anyone else see a con in that? those fleet consoles work alot better then most(besides rep/universal's). and im looking forward to those new ground kits. also there are alot more discount projects that can be accomplished and therefor help incase you want to make anouther toon, help new comers, and members haveing trouble getting up in ranks or fleet donations.

5) weapons seem to be usefull (mainly the omnidirectional beam array) but in my opinion anti-protons weapons are a good type to have for CritD/CritC.

conclusion: i like it alot. ill admit i wasnt playing before season 7. started little after last new years(but always been a star trek fan). LoR was a great addition and brought alot more great features to the game. im a proud Rom, like the warbird mechanic's(singularity powers). im a f2p player atm(soon to be lifer). and the BZ area allows me to make great dillithum. so i give this season(as my first to be playing when released) great, two thumbs up
P.S. Cryptic....we need more story to this though. been wondering about the iconions sense i started and would like to see more about them in the future. and like i said we need an elite adventure zone for us advanced players/vets.
Captain
# 22
11-16-2013, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
It's Star Trek anything is possible....IDIC
Would you have a problem with Care Bears who throw black hearts of sadness? They must be defeated by throwing lollipops to distract them, before rushing in to rub their bellies and make their hearts glow red.

How about sharks with lasers and a sharknado machine? You have to defeat them by jumping them in a surfboard, like the Fonz.

How about a race of wizards who have tamed dragon-like creatures on their world? Their glowing staffs are fueled by (insert treknobabble).

C'mon Neo. At some point, something is just silly and dumb.

Last edited by kirksplat; 11-16-2013 at 06:30 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 23
11-16-2013, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
Would you have a problem with Care Bears who throw black hearts of sadness? They must be defeated by throwing lollipops to distract them, before rushing in to rub their bellies and make their hearts glow red.

How about sharks with lasers and a sharknado machine? You have to defeat them by jumping them in a surfboard, like the Fonz.

How about a race of wizards who have tamed dragon-like creatures on their world? Their glowing staffs are fueled by (insert treknobabble).

That's nice and dandy, but no one is adding any of that, and dinosaurs in science fiction is an old concept, and Trek has done far more silly things than a T Rex with weapons on it's back.

Paid for by the down with Bajor Party
Captain
# 24
11-16-2013, 06:37 PM
Quote:

No kidding. There seems to be as many clueless apologists as there are disturbed players. I'm so shocked with the disregard for theme in this release that my outlook for this game became warped.

Killing V-Rexes is just not fun at all. It's like going to a ritual sacrifice after the silo's are up for capture. The voth just seem like space hippies who are at that main console trying to save the poor thing while kdf/rom/feds shoot them in the back.

And the dinos are bald.. I mean they have absolutely no parallels that support what they actually looked like. They went all jurassic park/dinosaucer with it.
May good management be with you.
Captain
# 25
11-16-2013, 06:39 PM
Quote:

With someone like Q around and Star Trek being an advocate of the Many Worlds Theory, then all of this is possible in Star Trek. Of course, any Star Trek writer that did something like this would be laughed out of town, but the possibility of it happening exist.
Rihannsu
# 26
11-16-2013, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhitaker View Post
What's "'aspolding"?
Exploding.....

Anyways, the Voth dislike the idea of not being the most powerful race in the universe and they don't care who they have to kill to get there.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 27
11-16-2013, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kortaag View Post
And the dinos are bald.. I mean they have absolutely no parallels that support what they actually looked like. They went all jurassic park/dinosaucer with it.
The Voth were created in the late 90s so obviously Season 8 would have to go with the classic dinosaur design. Also, that theory is not ingrained in culture's psyche so having feathered dinosaurs in Star Trek Online while it might be correct would look weird.
Rihannsu
# 28
11-16-2013, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
The Voth were created in the late 90s so obviously Season 8 would have to go with the classic dinosaur design. Also, that theory is not ingrained in culture's psyche so having feathered dinosaurs in Star Trek Online while it might be correct would look weird.
that and we don't know how many dinos had feathers.....
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 29
11-16-2013, 10:46 PM
I agree with everything said, and I'll add my own new peeve, that so many enemies are just ignoring shields entirely. I'm tired of being destroyed despite having perfect shields.
Once, I was simply called Mojo. Now, I'm forced into a new name, but don't be fooled, I'm the original STO Mojo!

Crafting, Exploration and Interaction as it should be:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1108521
Captain
# 30
11-16-2013, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
It's Star Trek anything is possible....IDIC
I don't think that acronym means what you think it means.