Lt. Commander
# 21
01-30-2010, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamek View Post
Actually, some nimble wit said we did NOT pay for the ability to be able today in another thread, and so we should all shut up and be happy with this horrible mess of a product
To get Early release we had to pay for the game up front, sorry this is our money now, Beta was on thing but now we have paid for the game.

Cryptic is on there 3rd MMO, they know what to expect and have done this before they should have been ready for this.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-30-2010, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autzen View Post
To get Early release we had to pay for the game up front, sorry this is our money now, Beta was on thing but now we have paid for the game.

Cryptic is on there 3rd MMO, they know what to expect and have done this before they should have been ready for this.
The game isnt even out yet and your complaining that you havnt gotten your moneys worth yet?

cmon people seriously? are you planning on dying tomorrow and you just have to get $50 of gameplay right this instant?
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-30-2010, 10:55 PM
The beauty of it is, the server status still shows as "UP", so they're probably not even aware of the problem, as if its a launcher problem... people can't get in, though technically the server may be up.

Kudos.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-30-2010, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorRitter
im sorry what?

Also you should know there are different dev teams for different games so the STO dec team cant really learn from the experiences of the CO dev team it isnt just one all pwoerful cryptic creature that assembles all the games from scratch.
Are you authorized to give me any sort of credit or remuneration for Cryptic's inability to keep their product, which I have spent a metric ton of money on, up to be usable at my whim?
Lt. Commander
# 25
we have not paid yet it still there dime
Lt. Commander
# 26
Khaaaaaaan!
Lt. Commander
# 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilAsh
Every MMO launch is a bumpy ride. Doesn't matter if the company behind it has released MMOs before or not. Funcom ran Anarchy Online for what? 5 years before they launched Age of Conan, and that have got to be the worst MMO launch ever. Possibly only bested by the launch of Anarchy Online itself :p
Completely agree. I remember people waiting 6 hours to get into Star Wars Galaxies and Everquest when they went live.... then the servers would crash again. This is waaay smoother than several other Betas I've been a part of.

People need to chill.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-30-2010, 10:57 PM
Nothing in life is perfect, you would have thought people would be used to hiccups by now, don't see why people are like "zomg i'm not getitng what i paid for *river starts to form* server is always down and i cant play *river formed and begining to burst its bank* - Insert more cry -" etc etc
Lt. Commander
# 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUMPER445 View Post
we have not paid yet it still there dime
Ahh, they have already billed me for the game, early release or not, i have paid my money, early release or not they have my money, Hence it's my dime now
Lt. Commander
# 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamek View Post
Are you authorized to give me any sort of credit or remuneration for Cryptic's inability to keep their product, which I have spent a metric ton of money on, up to be usable at my whim?
Yes im a Doctor