Lt. Commander
# 21
01-30-2010, 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsoletepower View Post
Okay........Be grateful? You sound like we're getting this game for free rather than $60 plus $15 per month so excuse me while I am ****ed off and not thanking them!
While I strongly disagree with your opinion, thank you for at least avoiding spelling errors, which seems to be more then most other people on this forum are capable of doing
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-30-2010, 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drooparus View Post
Maybe it's just me, and maybe it's apples and oranges...

I come from an era of gaming where charging monthly fees for online access was unheard of. The good ol' days of battle.net.
I'm sure scalability was different, buy when you HAVE to pay for something, it should tchnically work better. And I'm not saying anyone's wrong here, but saying an MMO is expected to suck at fist is kinda backwards since the beggining is when they really need to get peoples attention and keep them or the whole thing could fail.

No one will want to renew after being "cheated" out of potential play time.

Just my 2 cents.
You sir speak with great wisdom and your correct, this is why age of Conan failed cause at launch they alienated most of their fans and now look at age of Conan its a really great solid game but it dosent matter anymore just not enough ppl playing it, its worth nothing.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-30-2010, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAZH_KALA
You sir speak with great wisdom and your correct, this is why age of Conan failed cause at launch they alienated most of their fans and now look at age of Conan its a really great solid game but it dosent matter anymore just not enough ppl playing it, its worth nothing.
You don't *have* to pay. You chose to pay, with full capability of knowing in advance that problems occur during launch of MMO's. Shelling out cash doesn't give you control rights over how a game is run. You have to be intelligent with your money, not shell out wherever you damn well please and expect the team to revolve around you. You have a superiority complex that needs professional tending-to.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-30-2010, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entwil View Post
Last I checked, I haven't paid a single cent to play this game, both the open beta and head start...

I pre-ordered it, but I can still cancel the order and not have a single charge even though I've been playing this game since the beginning of January.

Don't use the "I paid good money for this game" line when you know good and well it doesn't hold water since it hasn't even been released to the general public yet.
Obviously you're not familiar with preordering games on Steam. Yes, a whole bunch of us have paid $60US for the game already and it's VERY unlikely we could get a refund. And yet the Steam users have been the ones worse hit by problems with the game, like when Steam made an error and wiped everyone's clients requiring everything to be redownloaded. I know Cryptic aren't Valve but a lot of people are missing out on the head start because of that, if I were the devs I'd give all the steam key holders an extra week as some kind of peace offering.

I can also understand that the first week is always rough, I've seen it before. But if they were aware there would inevitably be problems maybe they should have given us a week of head start instead of four days? Or a fortnight? I dunno, just kicking around ideas because I'm bored and waiting for the servers to come back.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-30-2010, 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowKain666 View Post
People like you need to be increasingly more active all across the forums. Preteens and testosterone junkies with superiority complexes seem to be the biggest voice around here and it needs to change.

Most of their posts are harassing, condescending, etc. and so reporting them is easy but these people need to be driven out of here as fast as possible. Anyone complaining about the way things are has absolutely no experience to validate their claims and anyone who claims they know what they are talking about and continue to do nothing but complain and attack other users is outright lying.

I have Beta tested Guild Wars and Star Wars Galaxies, GM'ed for Helbreath, MU Online, Rappelz and Lineage II. From that experience alone I can tell you that this has been a very smooth Beta, a very smooth Headstart and will be a fantastic launch. The team at Cryptic should be given kudos for the quick action they have taken in fixing bugs, server problems, adding new servers to lighten the load and everything else they have been doing for everyone here - including all of the complainers. Anyone who claims they aren't doing good work clearly has no experience in the field and the only backing they'll receive is from a horde of butt-hurt teens who -tap the vein- won't be getting their fix for a few hours and need to hate on something.

Grow up, all of you naysayers or leave like you all claim you will. Cryptic has the support of a fanbase that actually knows what they're talking about and understands what is going on.

As an ending note, a suggestion for the administrators: Why not ban all the naysayers? surely they comprise a significant number? Freeing up all those slots for new players who actually care to play and lessening the strain on the servers! (Not to mention taking a load off all of our minds.)
Calm down there RAMBO everyone payed their money and last time i checked we lived in the great US OF A and we have the right of speech, you cant just force ppl to stop posting . If you don't like what ppl are saying than by all means throw your damn 2 cents in cause you as well have payed your money and have the right of speech , but don't try and get ppl banned cause your a little but hurt.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-30-2010, 11:53 PM
[quote=MAZH_KALA]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
Every new MMO goes through this phase (and I've been in on the start of most of them). You should have seen World of ********'s open beta and launch..so bad that they gave eneryone an extra two weeks at first, then extended it to a month.

Whattttttttt??????????????? Blizzard actually gave everyone free days of play ?????? That must have been the first and last , im sure someone was fired for such treachery.
They actually have done it quite a lot since then also, I think the last time really was when TBC addition was launched and the game was having downtime troubles a lot. Since then it has been up and running very well though, even after WOTLK addon.

Nobody likes these downtimes and for some it probably hits harder than the others if they come during the only times they can play, but it is unfortunately so in any major MMO release. Capacity and load testing is a botch: it is usually done beforehand as well as could, but there simply is no way to simulate the e.g real network issues, user behaviour and their computer capabilities beforehand as well as could be wished. That's why open beta, that's why headstart. We are guinea pigs, like it or not, in every game we start ahead of others.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-30-2010, 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmeat5000 View Post
Obviously you're not familiar with preordering games on Steam. Yes, a whole bunch of us have paid $60US for the game already and it's VERY unlikely we could get a refund. And yet the Steam users have been the ones worse hit by problems with the game, like when Steam made an error and wiped everyone's clients requiring everything to be redownloaded. I know Cryptic aren't Valve but a lot of people are missing out on the head start because of that, if I were the devs I'd give all the steam key holders an extra week as some kind of peace offering.

I can also understand that the first week is always rough, I've seen it before. But if they were aware there would inevitably be problems maybe they should have given us a week of head start instead of four days? Or a fortnight? I dunno, just kicking around ideas because I'm bored and waiting for the servers to come back.
Or perhaps you should have been just a little more careful with your business transactions.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-30-2010, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAZH_KALA
Calm down there RAMBO everyone payed their money and last time i checked we lived in the great US OF A and we have the right of speech, you cant just force ppl to stop posting . If you don't like what ppl are saying than by all means throw your damn 2 cents in cause you as well have payed your money and have the right of speech , but don't try and get ppl banned cause your a little but hurt.
It's alright, you can turn off the victim complex too. There's nothing I can do to take away your free speech or force you to stop posting, so settle down trigger, it's alright.

And no, we don't all live in the "great US OF A" but it's good to know you're a brainwashed patriot too. Many of the forum users and player base are from other countries. Superiority complex, feeling like a victim at simple humor and an over-indulged sense of patriotism.

Well, at least it's all starting to make sense now.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-30-2010, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmeat5000 View Post

Actually I am well aware of how Steam works, and it is precisely because of my knowledge that I absolutely refuse to use Steam for anything.

The problems that are occurring with Steam have ZERO (read: none) relevance to Cryptic and their MMO. If you chose to use Steam as your method of acquiring the game, it's is your fault alone for what happens when there are a myriad of other more reliable sources to get it from.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-30-2010, 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowKain666 View Post
Or perhaps you should have been just a little more careful with your business transactions.
Excuse me? I ordered the game through a major online retailer that Cryptic are actively endorsing. I wouldn't get a refund even if I had the opportunity, I was just pointing out a factual error the person I quoted was making. Namely that some people have already paid for the game, and that part of that purchase was the agreement that they would get the head start. So if Cryptic fails to deliver that head start they have a right to *****, it's not something I really care about, again I'm only here because the game is down, but I can understand the irritation of people who have planned their schedules around playing the head start and now have had their plans messed up.