Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
01-30-2010, 11:04 PM
At least they should not say "Server up" on the homepage if you can't play! If the server is up and you still can't login becaus you can't retrieve your character, than it's not "up" for me!

And to imagine I even THOUGHT about getting livetime... It's sad, cause I love the merchandise, but this game lacks so much fun. I played through open beta an already tought "why should I ever create a second Fed Character if all I get to see is some small changes in abilities". There's not enough diference between classes.

And I PAYED for headstart. thats not a beta anymore! I want to buy a game with at least 90% stability. It's more like 50% of the time I want to play I am not able.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-30-2010, 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiandra
or passive and given up. 'lay down and let us beat you with the stick some more. now say thank you.'
'thank you cryptic for letting me be beaten by you'
Normally, I have to pay extra for this type of beating...
Lt. Commander
# 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiandra
And I can only expect people who are either paying with mommie's or daddy's money and don't care or those who just don't have enough self-respect to expect to a quality product would not be upset at this fiasco!
Seriously can you name a product that DOESN'T have defects when it's first released? Car's, MP3 players, OS's, BD players, etc... If you're the first person buying ANYTHING you should expect defects. Sorry that's just the way the world works and it's been that way for prob 50+ years now. You pay a price for being the first person buying a new product.
Lt. Commander
# 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz4 View Post
At least they should not say "Server up" on the homepage if you can't play! If the server is up and you still can't login becaus you can't retrieve your character, than it's not "up" for me!

And to imagine I even THOUGHT about getting livetime... It's sad, cause I love the merchandise, but this game lacks so much fun. I played through open beta an already tought "why should I ever create a second Fed Character if all I get to see is some small changes in abilities". There's not enough diference between classes.

And I PAYED for headstart. thats not a beta anymore! I want to buy a game with at least 0% stability. It's more like 50% of the time I want to play I am not able.
If you don't like the game, that's fine. I dunno what you mean by wanting 0% stablity tho...
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-30-2010, 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RORWESSELS View Post
IF MMO's where a new thing, and IF they did not already know how big the fan base for Star Trek is. Then I MIGHT believe this. However, MMORPG games are NOT new. Cryptic has done multiple MMORPG games and should know by now how to launch one. Also this is NOT a new game engine, which means the server software and hardware requirements should already be known.

I do not think these arguements will hold much weight for most players and I know they are not going to hold much weight for reviewers of the game.

"No MMO launches without server crashes.." Really, and as customers we are supposed to accept this? Why?

"It's still beta.." Really? I did not think I was playing beta code. I did not get to keep my beta character, and I did have a complete character wipe and restart. Thought this was supposed to be the release game.

"It's not even release yet man.." Umm, yes it is.. The fact that you call it head start does not make it any less so.
MMOs are like 13 years old (or older actually). Companies have consistently gotten away with screwing the customer in this genre of games from the beginning. That won't change until people start walking away from craptastic game releases because it makes them money to do it as cheaply as possible. Thus, they start with crap, and then slowly improve it by small increments in order to reduce cost. Consumers have a right to be pist that these companies do not deliver the goods/service that have already been paid for.
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-30-2010, 11:06 PM
" Why is everyone so suprised at the server crashes? Seriously?"

Because the "stress tests" led people to believe otherwise?

Since you know the nature of the beast, than you know that since time immortal, one of the things humans have done is to discuss/acknowledge/complain about that which they spend their time on.

And this thread kills kittens.
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-30-2010, 11:07 PM
Most this should have been fixed already! That is the problem, servers were already stress tested. They have ONE server farm cluster that will not be enough for a worlds worth of trekkies. Of course its going to go BOOM Feb 2nd and alot of people will be going duh.

Maybe this game is enticing alot of ppl new to the mmo expereince, hopefully it will finally change the industry standard for mmo that sucking in quality is the norm.
Lt. Commander
# 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echostatic View Post
If you don't like the game, that's fine. I dunno what you mean by wanting 0% stablity tho...
I meant 90%

Changed my post...
Lt. Commander
# 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makadelik View Post
Yes seriously. Go cry and be a baby somewhere else people. Game has been released early for not even 48 hours! Relax, keep your threats and opinions to yourselves, and give the Dev's a chance to find and fix the problem(s).

Sometimes I feel like this game brought a lot of MMO virgins to it because its such a well known/liked genre. But enough is enough! Please stop the whining and be PATIENT. The game will be here tomorrow, next week, next month, and next year.
"Released"....

That's kinda the point....

Would you feel the same way about a pool table whose leg fell randomly off 48 hours after you bought it?

If so, your game room must suck....
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-30-2010, 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RORWESSELS View Post
IF MMO's where a new thing, and IF they did not already know how big the fan base for Star Trek is. Then I MIGHT believe this. However, MMORPG games are NOT new. Cryptic has done multiple MMORPG games and should know by now how to launch one.
Knowing how to launch a game, and getting all the new equipment and software to mix flawlessly at launch is a whole different matter. ALL MMO's go through this, new and old.